1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Strange things happening

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    agedman,

This thread needs to refocus upon the Scriptures and quit the huge speculations and posting of videos.

Nothing doing. I intend to do exactly what I have been doing for nearly three decades and I WILL EXPOSE the works of the devil whenever and wherever it is appropriate to do so and in whatever format I am permitted to do so.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. Ephesians. 5:11 ...is a command, not a suggestion.

The Greek word 'reprove' is upload_2016-5-2_11-0-52.png which means literally: to confute, admonish:--convict, convince, tell a fault, rebuke, reprove ...and that is exactly what I and my fellow counselors have practiced through the years. This includes all Christians including you, dear friend. We are to face evil and eliminate it from the hearts and lives of whoever is afflicted

First, for the believer, Paul was VERY specific as to what the believer should use to defend against the enemy:
    (You quoted Ephesians 6:10-18)

Verses I have preached from countless times and used in helping those oppressed by Satan with great success in many lives in the last 28 years. God's power to defeat the enemy is amazing.

Seems to me that these are the weapons in which believers are to use, not some vocalizing or claiming or naming. The weapons of our warfare are not that which can be found in a video or some audio recordings.

Nonsense. You have a lot to learn just like Baptist Believer.

Second, the whole world is the playground for the spiritual forces of wickedness.

That's true.

There is no righteousness in claiming some "ground" as holy or unholy.

Did the mighty men of David fight to take back the ground from the Philistines and their giants? Yes/no?
    Did the Hebrews destroy the strongholds of the devil as they took the promised land from the pagans? Yes/no? You know the answer to these things.

2 Corinth 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

The pulling down of strong holds is OFFENSIVE, not defensive, just like it was for Joshua.

We are to do the same thing in the spiritual sense of the word. I burn, trash, smash (sometimes with hammers) the objects of evil we find in the homes and/or upon the persons who have occult or pagan objects. This action was commanded in the Old Testament and N.T. believers did this as is seen in Acts 19:11-19.

That is God's business for this world is His creation. We may ask through "all prayer and petition" but the cause must be for the furtherance of the Gospel (as Paul continued in Ephesians 6 to show).

Quite. That is what we do. We've seen many souls saved through the gospel in this ministry.

Third, the Scriptures are clear that messing with the demonic world and what is of that world is not to happen. The OT explicitly states that one who does should not live. There should be no tolerance among believers for even entertainment that engages or references the demonic much less seeking out cause to engage.

Incorrect. We don't 'seek out' the evil. It comes to us in the form of people who are harrassed by evil spirits and they are terrorized and want help. I will not fail to extend the hand of Christian love to such people. If they want it they shall have it.

Fourth, the believers are not invited into the warfare of the heavenly. The believer is not charged with doing battle with the demonic.

That opinion is wrong. Read what I just told you, please.

The weapons of the warfare given in Ephesians are each defensive, not offensive.

Wrong again. David ran after Goliath(I Samuel 17:48) and brought him down while the frightened Baptists (ahem! Isrealites that stood behind him did nothing but watch from the hillside until he chopped that giants head off.) I don't have time to sit and listen to the cheap critics and shallow thinking Baptists who point a critical finger at those of us who are ready to bring down those giants and strongholds that are afflicting the poor people in need of help.

They are given to protect the believer, not to go forth into the battle. The King (Jehoshaphat) was told, "The battle is the Lord's" (2 Cor.) As the believer "goes down" (or goes about) they will often encounter opposition, but "the battle is the Lord's." The believer is to put on defensive armor: truth, righteousness, peace...

No, it is both offensive and defensive depending on the circumstances. Joshua didn't sit and wait for the pagans to cross the river to attack the Hebrews. HE WENT AFTER THEM. But you are welcome to sit there in your little comfy zone and feel good about your inaction.....friend.

Fifth, The sword is not used by the believer, but by the Spirit.

The Bible, the Word of God is the sword and that sword we are to use against evil whenever necessary...by the Spirit who is called upon by the believer...the active, obedient believer.

The believer is to take with them the Scriptures, not as some might carry about a bible, but have the Scriptures at hand in the heart and in the mind. The Scriptures are not some tool for emergency use, but are a continual cleansing, continual shelter, continual rock, continual presence...

Tell me, have you ever cast devils out of someone under total demonic control? Have you ever fought devils that brought terror to a family in a haunted house? Just curious.

Readers of this thread, it is not the physical manifestations of evil that should alarm, such things are but for show and tell times,

Baloney. Your answer to my last question should tell us a lot.

And did not the Lord Jesus state, "...I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

What further need of the believer than that which the Scriptures provide for defense.

Go tell that to the poor pastor mentioned in the OP who is being terrorized by devils.

Certainly, it is time to put foolish notions of demonic manifestations aside, and present the sufficiency of the Lord.

Again, nothing doing. I will expose them again and again as long as the Lord gives me breath and the strength to go on. So will my like-minded comrades.

Battling some evil manifestation is not found in some verbiage expressing some command or demand.

Like Baptist Believer you don't really know whereof you speak. Except for the scriptures you quoted most of what you said is shallow fluff. I ask you to not reply, for I do not wish to continue debating with my brethren, most of whom do not have biblical views of spiritual warfare and deliverance from evil. You may, however, answer my question about casting out devils and if you ever helped to cleanse a haunted house.

Nonetheless, I wish you well.

#61 Calypsis4, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and then

In other words, he is claiming a special understanding of scripture because of his alleged experience battling the demonic.

He has already demonstrated he cannot handle the scriptures well and processing them completely through the lens of his perceived demonic encounters (even if it is a bad internet connection or a spotty server).

He wants to have the last word based upon his alleged authority from his alleged experiences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salty, I will still pray for your pastor friend who is being terrorized. But I am stepping off this thread unless and until I see him posting and personally asks me for advice as was suggested by IntheLight. Unfortunately, if he did indeed sign on board and read the ridiculous and unscriptural ideas, unecessary remarks and arrogant know-it-all attitudes by inexperienced people who like to throw critical remarks at someone who has confronted evil face-to-face countless times then I understand why he wouldn't want to step in. They have muddied the waters here pretty badly and they will each answer to the Lord in due season.

Nonetheless we shall see. God bless you.

#63 Calypsis4, May 2, 2016
    Last edited: May 2, 2016
  4. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The appropriate focus and emphasis:

"Do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." - Luke 10:20

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Does anyone else see the irony in this statement?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, but then arrogance doesn't generally recognize itself.

Know it all's have a problem with any input but what is agreeable to their "knowing."

And the claim of others being inexperienced is merely a demeaning way of puffing up one's own self.

True irony in that statement!

7. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The truth is that you don't like to be proven wrong. The fact is that I nailed you dead center for your involvement in sin (i.e. Dungeons an Dragons). I documented it so well that you didn't even comment upon it especially that which pertained to the Witte case and the case which led to the Monsters & Mazes movie. Yet after I posted my evidence on The Supernatural and the account of the Haunted House you came begging me for more information. How polite you were:rolleyes:...then. Nothing like you are now.

Please post others now my insincere counterpart.

#67 Calypsis4, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
  8. Sapper Woody

I didn't respond, because no response was necessary. I've responded extensively before on the famous cases, including the Witte case, and how people jumped to conclusions where there was absolutely zero evidence outside the testimony of a woman who was proven to be a liar who engaged in unethical editing practices.

You haven't proven me wrong. You've proven your ignorance of the facts, and your reliance upon inconclusive and dishonest testimony.

9. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You worry about your heresies before the Lord and not Calypsis4.

You came slam banging your way on this thread criticising me from the getgo but it is clear you have no concern about the poor pastor that was terrorized.

On ignore you go, along with the snapper fellow.

10. Sapper Woody

Firstly, I think you're only the second person to put me on ignore. Secondly, by placing me on ignore, you are showing that you do not care about truth, you only care about your perceptions.

If you can still see this post, I urge you to do some investigation into your claims on D&D. Many claims have been made concerning people go insane, and it causing suicide. But not one can be backed up. Not a single one. And most of them were made by a woman who's a known liar who couldn't handle that her overbearing parenting drive her son to suicide.

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't really think he's putting you on ignore. Rolfe was supposed to be on ignore and Calypsis couldn't resist criticizing him.

I'm supposed to be on ignore, but he couldn't resist giving a "dislike" ranking to a post where I simply affirmed the words of Jesus. (He doesn't like the words of Jesus? Really?)

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have noticed that most people who have the need to tell others that they are on Ignore rarely go long before revealing that they 'sneak a peek'. I do not think that they understand how the Ignore List is supposed to work. *laugh*

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot understand why someone would give this post a Negative Rating.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "orbs" in front of a camera is not confronting evil nor Satan. It is telling tall tales like Paul Bunyan. There is nothing evil about blowing bubbles in the dark and taking pictures of it, except trying to pass it off like it is demons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I returned to see if Salty's friend showed up seeking help. Unfortunately I saw your post and the other troublemakers who have focused their entire attention on taking shots at yours truly. I guess that's the way this board operates but I will put you back on ignore and Log off tomorrow. I will only ever return if there is someone who asks for my help directly.

I do not rejoice that devils submit to my authority in Christ. I rejoice that the captives are made free. There is a difference but you obviously don't see that difference just like so many other things you don't understand.

Now say it plainly and tell the rest the posters if (#1) you have ever cast devils out of a possessed person, and #2 have you ever cleansed a house of evil spirits using the Word of God and prayer. Yes./No

If your answer is 'No' to these things then you have no ground to correct those who have...and not just me but anyone who has done these things countless times.

16. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a worthless adviser you are. Still taking cheap shots at yours truly concerning matters that you nave never encountered nor even had the courage to encounter. Not only are you wrong, you flat lied. Nobody in our team ever 'blew bubbles'...to defeat Satan or his devils.

You showed up on this thread .........finally, not because you are concerned for the poor terrorized pastor mentioned in the OP...but to take another stab at Calypsis4.

Before I log off for good (unless someone sends me a message needing help) then let me inform the other readers that I personally offered to allow you to be in contact with my many witnesses who saw and heard many of the things I described here on the pages of Baptist Board. But you ignored me ...deliberately.. You don't care two bits about "Let everything be established in the mouth of two or three witnesses".

But why you pulled this act of cowardice? Because you not an honest man. You are not even a good man. You just want people to heed your opinions................................but..............I won't.

Bye.

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Setting aside Scriptual reasons, it would be easier to think you were legit if you were not so focused on convincing others of your prowess as a spiritual warrior.

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I was going on your ignore list?

19. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you need to retread my posts. Find the ones where I made personal attacks unlike what you have continued to post.

I did not attack you personally, but responded to the direction the thread was taken in an attempt to focus it upon Scriptures not image.

I rejoice that I will be on your "ignore" for then I won't need to read some supposed response that neither produced edification nor substantive conversation, rather presented reactionary rhetoric.

Thank you

20. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Real smart. Every time I log off but come back (not logged on) to see if Salty's pastor friend has finally opened up and asked for help I can't help but see your post and others who can't wait to take another blast at Calypsis4. If I am not logged on then I must look here to see if that individual has asked for help.

You're a real genius, fella. Like the hypocrites they/you are you still have your total focus on me and not on that poor fellow who needs the help. You don't believe me so stop making smart remarks and leave this subject alone....just like you did through this entire thread...until this evening.