1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Street Preacher Offers Harsh Lesson to Kids, re: Santa Claus

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by InTheLight, Dec 13, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think of this?

A street preacher is going around the United States telling children who are lined up to visit Santa Claus at shopping malls that Santa is fake. That their parents are lying to them.
    ------
    At first, the parents try to ignore the screaming man at the mall telling their children they’ve been lied to about Santa Claus.

Then it becomes clear he’s not going to stop.

“Kids, I want to tell you today that there is no such thing as Santa Claus,” the man tells people waiting in line for Christmas photos at the Westgate Mall in Amarillo, Texas. “Santa Claus does not exist. The Christmas season is about Jesus.

“The man you’re going to see today is just a man in a suit dressed up like Santa.”

The shouting man is David Grisham, an evangelical street preacher from Anchorage, Alaska, who has shouted his sermons at people across the country for nearly a decade. On Saturday, his unwilling audience was a group of families at Westgate’s seasonal Christmas village.

Grisham paid no heed to calls to “chill out” from parents — and as his sermon picked up momentum, things were about to get ugly. “Don’t lie to your children and tell them there’s such a thing as Santa, when you know in reality that there are no flying reindeer, there is no workshop at the North Pole … that you buy all the gifts and put them under the tree.”

http://www.startribune.com/is-there...son-to-confused-kids-at-texas-mall/406058706/

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I think the guy is a loon.

Even if a message is true, when the messenger comes across as erratic and neurotic, he's easily dismissed as a crazy.

Second, I don't think we'll convert the world by screaming at them about a fictitious Santa Claus.

This week I taught my Sunday School class (boys ages 8-13) about the difference between the secular holiday and Christ.

There's a time, place, and a method. I don't think this guy has any

• Winner Winner x 1