1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Street Preaching: Gods primary way of reaching the lost

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 16, 2013.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes but you believe in all 5 points of Arminian doctrine and also the doctrine that one can lose their salvation. You have some serious issues with your doctrine no question about it.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

You are wrong, I do not believe a person can lose their salvation and have said so many times here at BB. I believe in Preservation of the Saints which is very different from Perseverance of the Saints. If you must persevere to be saved, that is a works salvation.

I am not persevering, I am kept by Jesus himself. I am not saved because I am always faithful to Jesus, but because he will always be faithful to me.

Perseverance of the Saints is held by both Calvinists and Arminians, I am neither. If you must persevere, then you are saying you must work to be saved.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's usually more helpful to ask someone what they believe than tell them what they believe.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (sigh)

I was really hoping this would be a thread about different ways of evangelizing. Thank you, Winman, for turning it into (yet another) "Calvin argument."

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I stand corrected. But regardless you are a 4 pt Arminian.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah I made a assumption there.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize for its sort of my fault. For one I should labeled the thread "Open Air: One of God's primary ways of reaching the lost" and two I should have not debated WinMan here but started another thread. I apologize to everyone.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your apology is unnecessary. I called out the individual that I believe I can trace the "detour" to. You merely responded to a comment directed specifically to you.

9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Even with the amended title, the point is incorrect. You're reading your context into the Sitz em Leben of the Scriptures and the examples provided.

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

Why are you folks taking advantage of a fellow who obviously does not understand the differences between Calvinism and Arminianism? He does not believe in Unconditional Election and is therefore not a Calvinist.

If you really cared about the guy you would correct him instead of letting him continue in error.

John, there is no "C" in TULIP.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are a very divisive individual no question about it.

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because there is no error in evangelizing per se. This discussion was started, and subsequently commented on, regarding the methods of evangelizing, and whether there is one technique that is "more right" or "better" than any other technique.

Your point is what's being preached when we evangelize; which is, admittedly, the most important part of why we evangelize in the first place. But that's another discussion. This one was started talking about how we evangelize.

But we can never seem to get to those subjects because someone always turns the conversations around to why Calvin is more right than Arminius, or why neither Calvin nor Arminius are right, etc., etc.

Me, I'm gonna go out and preach Christ, crucified, His blood shed for the remission of our sins. Now how about we talk about whether I do that on a street corner, or via letter, or telephone, or internet YouTube videos, or in prisons, or nursing homes, or just in our churches on Sunday mornings?

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BINGO...me too :thumbs:

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, we'll just ignore that John thinks he is a Calvinist and is going to go out and preach against Arminians (which he does at times, I've listened to quite a few of his street sermons) when in reality he is one. In reality he does not believe in Unconditional Election. But let's not let truth get in the way of a good Arminian bashing.

What does the message matter anyway? :rolleyes:

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I lean Calvinist in my evangelism yes. No I do not agree with 100% of Calvinist doctrine. Whats your point?

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't even think about talking to a Calvinist...or God wont bless you :smilewinkgrin:

Personally I like Dons advice...we preach Christ crucified & we preach him to you. Actually see if you can look up Sinclair Ferguson's sermon...on election. He is a Presbyterian but will tell you the foundation of the free offering of the gospel is NOT ELECTION,, but it is the promice that Christ will save ALL who come to Him in belief. If not Sinclair, then RC Sproll, Martyn Lloyd Jones, and I think even John Piper. All from the ranks of Reformed theology. :godisgood:

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Amen!! Use all forms to reach out to the lost!

18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....Winman seems to be obsessed with trying to discourage anyone from studying anything different than he approves of.

E65 starts studying his bible and getting more light on some topics, and is still looking at others and Winman jumps in to attempt to rescue/hinder him from truth.....yup, he does this all the time:thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So--are you suggesting he should find another method?

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, I'm suggesting he should know what he is talking about before he goes out and preaches to people. He obviously does not understand that a Calvinist cannot believe in Conditional Election.

He often bashes Arminianism in his sermons when he is an Arminian himself.

If anything, he should be bashing Calvinism, he does not believe in Unconditional Election, although he is now wavering on that. He doesn't know what is right and what is wrong, therefore he shouldn't be preaching to others.