1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Street Preaching Issue: Driven Home

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Bro. Williams, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

I understand some on the BB have an issue with street preaching/open air preaching.

Let me hear what those issues are. I have heard the issue on children street preaching, but what about adults? Are there any issues with adult's preaching on the streets? Let's hear them, please.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if street preaching were okay to do, then Jesus would have done it...oh, wait a minute, He did! :thumbs:

"In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink" (John 7:37).

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I have no problem with people exercising their right to free speech, as long as they are not violating the rights of others while doing so (think the Phelps cult for example).

4. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Several men from our church go out regulary to preach in the open air at a public square where many people usually are on Saturdays. I have rarely seen the heathen get angry and yell at us, though from time to time people are annoyed. Most of the verbal opposition has come from "christians" who apparantly are embarrased at us.

5. npetreley

npetreley New Member

What is this thread about? If you do street preaching does someone drive you home afterward?

6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Huh? You lost me there brother lol. I am pretty sure street preaching is a name given to going out in the public arena and preaching the Gospel.

7. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

He lost me too until I happened to take a closer glance at the title of this thread!!! :wavey:

I love street preaching. Strangely enough, I didn't really see any when I lived in the S.F. Bay Area. We know a preacher who used to do quite a bit in Augusta, GA, and sadly, was harrassed continually by officials.

8. Bro. Williams

Bro. Williams New Member

Now npet, those lying beaver eyes gave you away. You know that was just one of those little puns I so enjoy.