1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Streetpreaching?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Arubian Baptist, Jul 15, 2003.

1. yod

yod Member

I used to do a LOT of street evangelism. I am a musician who was playing in the bars of Dallas when I had my encounter with the Risen King.

Immediately, the Lord gave me songs that told the gospel message and could be played on a single acoustic guitar so I began standing right in front of the bars where I had been playing just a month ago.

I got some really weird stares...and nice amount of ridicule. Count it all joy...

Eventually, I built a team of people who would usually come with me. Some of us would praise the Lord on the street corner, while others would pray, while others would have personal conversations, while others would be the debaters.

It was marginally fruitful

This went on for a couple of years...then I went to Romania for a missions trip and did basically the same thing. It was the most powerful anointing I've ever known! I saw miraculous and dramatic salvations about every half hour. you would think that this would motivate me to continue in America but the opposite happened.

In Romania, I saw people who were hungry to know Jesus. When I got back to America, I only saw people who knew the truth and had rejected it. Most Americans have a Bible or two laying around their house. They could easily hear the gospel on TV or go to a church...but they aren't interested.

I think most christians are afraid of being ridiculed, humiiated, hated, or persecuted and therefore don't have the desire to preach anywhere....much less the public streets.

Then there is always the group who don't really feel like they are theologically capable of debating a pagan/atheist/mocker.

It's a bold mission field where few can handle the pressure.

Bless you for being one of them!

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think anyone who has been thrown down like Joseph will understand that at times "it's Jesus and me." Until that happens, the church that does not have opposition only has complacency. Opposition strenghtens a believer.

I am always reminded of the fact of Proverbs 11:30, "The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, And he who is wise wins souls."

We must use wisdom to win people to Christ. As we read the gospels we see that Jesus dealt with people using wisdom. He dealt with each person differently.

3. micahaaron

micahaaron New Member

What are different types of street preaching?
    What do you do? Do people walk through a neighborhood knocking on doors?
    How do you get people interested in this ministry?

MA

4. Ingo Breuer

Ingo Breuer Member

Let me throw this in on street preaching:

All the how-to's on street preaching can be clarified here. Here is a list of links to great Baptist street preachers:
    Street Preaching Links

Please check this out!

The Lord has led me to go street preaching. My own church (Missionary Baptist) does not participate in it, but I found another Baptist church in town (Independent, fundamenteal, KJV) that does it and I just usually join their effort.