1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strong delusion.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008.

1. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

For those who are of another denomination.

Have you even thought about switching to an Independent Baptist church or a church that believes in the fundamentals of Christianity?

I'd like to see that happen. Some of these other denominations are feeding you lies.

I don't want to see you under a strong delusion and believing the false prophets lies.

I'm not trying to judge you. I just want to make sure that you spend eternity in Heaven.

You can have your hand on the door knob, then fall into the pit of hell.

I wouldn't want that to happen to any of you.

You should think about it.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 (KJV)
    8: And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
    9: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I'm not here to judge any of you. I'd just like to see you come to the knowledge of truth.

#1 The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  2. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Are you speaking of any particular denomination? It sounds like you are saying that only Independent Baptist Church members will see heaven.

3. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

A lot of the other denominations have some of the right doctrine. Then they add or take away things they shouldn't.

I know Hagee says Jesus didn't come to be the Messiah.

Jesus did in fact come to earth the first time to be both sacrifice for our sins and as the Messiah. Anyone who denies that Jesus or that He is the Messiah is a false prophet.

1 John 2:21-23 (KJV)
    21: I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
    22: Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    23: Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

The Catholics tell their priests not to marry. But the scriptures say otherwise.

1 Timothy 3:2 (KJV)
    A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

Possibly if you can find a good old fashioned Methodist church you could go there.
    I've been an Independent Baptist my entire life.
    They are the closest to what I read in scripture.

#3 The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry Scribe . I don't subscribe to your sub-biblical supposition .

All other denominations are feeding/being fed lies ?! But being a part of an Independent Baptist Church will keep one on the straight path ?! It will insure doctrinal purity and all the rest ?!

Perhaps you are under some delusion = having no objective reality .

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Umm - my ILs church was quite bad in teaching that the Bible is just a bunch of stories and that God will save everyone.

I've also been to independent Baptist churches that are teaching false doctrine.

Then I've been to a Presbyterian church that was right on the money except for infant baptism and they actually TAUGHT the right stuff but in being Presbyterian, they had to offer infant baptism. Otherwise it was a solid, Bible teaching church.

You're saying that you're not judging anyone but then you're saying that you want people to leave their church and go to a IBC so that they can go to heaven. Sounds like you ARE judging and deciding that a particular denomination is the way to get to heaven rather than the blood of Christ.

6. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Where, and what were they teaching?

If they say you have to believe in infant baptism they aren't teaching the truth. No where in the Bible is any child sprinkled with water.

Baptism without first being saved is just getting someone wet.
    There's no reason for infant baptism.

Also, some Presbyterian churches are for homosexuals and women in the pulpit. That's false doctrine.

#6 The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008
  7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That women in the pulpit were just peachy and that we need to be accepting of everyone.

They did not believe that baptizing a baby did anything more than covenant with God to raise that child in His Word. We had a lot of former Catholics who preferred to baptize children rather than just dedicate them.

I don't believe it but some do point to the entire household being baptized which would have included children. Again, it's not a believer's baptism sort of thing but more of a covenant thing.

Yep, and our church fought tooth and nail to denounce that as well as the whole Re-Imagining conference and the sexuality issues that came up. That church was a Bible teaching church and solid in doctrine. I learned a lot there.

8. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I've never heard of any Baptist church that had a female pastor.
    They were Baptist in name only.

Dedicating and praying over a child is really all you need.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

10. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

11. rbell

rbell Active Member

The Scribe has responded to my concerns. We won't agree on everything, but he clarified some things to my satisfaction:

post deleted.

#11 rbell, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  12. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Okay, then. Can we agree that a church has to believe in the fundamentals of Christianity to preach true doctrine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalist_Christianity

Billy Sunday was ordained into the Presbyterian ministry.
    I believe he's in Heaven.

The only reason I suggested Independent Baptist is because I've been one my entire life. Many denominations have strayed from the fundamentals of Christianity. I've edited some of the original post.

#12 The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008
  13. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

The Scribe:

It is not likely I would leave my congregation to join an Independent Baptist congregation as things are now.

However, I do appreciate the spirit with which you posted your first post on this thread. I believe that you were not motivated by a desire to say unkind things. I believe you were motivated by genuine concern for our souls. Thank you.

14. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Thanks for seeing what I was trying to say. :saint:

I've changed a few things. I'm concerned because I've seen too many stray from the fundamentals of Christianity.

Billy Sunday was ordained into the Presbyterian ministry.
    They have strayed, since his days as a pastor.

I definitely didn't mean to offend anyone. I just want to see more churches preaching Biblical doctrine. :)

#15 The Scribe, Jan 22, 2008
  15. donnA

donnA Active Member

#16 donnA, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  16. standingfirminChrist

The desire of each and every one of us should be that of 'I do not want to see one of my family, my friends, or my foes miss Heaven.'

We need to be about the Father's business.

There are false teachers out there who are deceiving many and being deceived themselves.

The Word of God tells us to study the Word for one purpose, that we might be a workman that needeth not to be ashamed. Many people who think they are saved have been deceived in believing such and will stand before Christ and hear Him say 'I never knew you. Depart from me ye that work iniquity.'

We are to study the Word, and once that Word becomes real in our lives, we are to allow it to flow out to others. The fountain of living waters within you is not for you alone to drink from.

Yes, warn them of false prophets. Warn them of false Churches.

17. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

:thumbs:
    2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

19. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why would you think that a non-Baptist denomination rejects the "fundamentals of Christianity?

No offense taken.

But are you saying that you think only Baptists go to heaven?

Certainly it is a strong warning that God gives in 2Thess 2 for those who receive not the love of the truth. After all Christ said in John 14 "I AM the Way (to heaven) the TRUTH (the Word made Flesh) and the LIFE (eternal Life)" John 14 -

Kinda reminds me of that thread "do Christians know when they are in doctrinal error?"

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=1153519#post1153519

in Christ,

Bob

#20 BobRyan, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008