1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Struggle of being young and impatient...

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tribulation, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Tribulation

Tribulation New Member

I recently started my online Ministry, 'Tribulation Ministries'...which is named for the tribulations we face daily being Christians...

I feel the Lord called me to do this and I will tarry on with His help, but it's very difficult at times to maintain a ministry online...and to get new people to join our site...

I struggle with the sins of my past...and am very reluctant to call myself a minister...because I don't feel I am qualified for that title...I feel I havent earned it...

Being young at 25 and trying to help people to see Christ and help those who know Him already...is awesome and suffocating at the same time...I pray though, that the Lord will bless my ministry and send more people my way to join in the fight against our common adversary...

Any suggestions and prayer is much needed...

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

How long has your ministry been online?

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

What have you done to advertise your ministry?

How many people have 'hit' your site?

PS Wayne can be a good name if you put it to good use . . .

;)

4. Tribulation

Tribulation New Member

Well, it's only been about 2 weeks...and I understand it takes time...I'm a web designer and time is part of the job...That's where my impatience comes into play...lol...I just have to trust in the Lord to move His hand when the time is right..

I've had over 150 "unique" hits in the past 2 weeks...it's not a lot..but it's a start...

As far as advertising...I only do what I can afford...which isnt much at all...mainly Google AdWords and a couple of banner exchanges...which it does help...

5. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just my opinion here. If this is the Lord's ministry and you say it is then let Him grow it as He desires. Yes, do what you can but allow Him to do the heavy work - He will do it better :tongue3:

As you add content things will pick up. Make content worth coming to the site for - give them reason to come back for another visit.

Word of mouth is the best advertizing on the net. Make it worth a visit and they will come back and tell their friends.

Just one further observation. Don't think you have a lock on impatience, I'm 66 and still want it NOW when I WANT IT!

6. Tribulation

Tribulation New Member

Yah, youre right...the Lord will do the hard work and I know that...I just get impatient but I constantly remind myself that the Lord will guide me and He will do what is needed when its time...

LOL!...I guess I just thought that the older you get, the more patient you become...guess I was wrong :laugh:

Thanks for the advice. :thumbs:

7. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Na, we just get grumpier about it :smilewinkgrin: