1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Struggling to work together

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by shakeNshine, Mar 19, 2002.

1. shakeNshine

shakeNshine Guest

Although I am not an ordained Pastor, God has called me to reach out to the hurting teens on the internet. Already over 12,000 calls have come in, and the demand is growing every day. We have stopped advertising to teens, as more volunteers are needed. We provide an interactive site with group therapy classes for eating disorders, sexual abuse, grieving and more. My question is this?? How is it.......that after emailing an introduction of this ministry to 1000's of churches, so few replied.
    God has laid this on my heart with such a passion and brought so many to know Him, and began the healing in 100's of lives.
    Pastors are praising the site because they are hearing teens that are finally able to talk to them face to face after being in one of our group therapy classes.
    2 Corinthians chapter 4 was my devotional today.
    Thanks for listening.......and may God bless you.

2. PreacherDave

PreacherDave New Member

If I may ask, what is your URL?

I find it difficult supporting anything without investigation, especially on the internet.

PD

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Additionally, I would ask, What local church are you working out of? And how is the accountability structure toward the ministry of the local church organized?

4. DocCas

DocCas New Member

And how do you follow up on those teens you reach who are not in your own local community? What churches do you send them to for continued discipleship and growth? How do you evaluate the churches you refer these young people to?

5. shakeNshine

shakeNshine Guest

the website address is www.shakeNshine.com
    The support church is Calgary Bonavista Baptist Church........and the contact pastor there is Scott Martyn at 403 271-6969

At present we are upgrading some of our features, and have our "live one on one chat" closed. Our message boards are still open.

We are currently seeking out more volunteers as our new semester for grieving, sexual abuse, and depression, and eating disorder group therapy classes are about to begin first week of May.
    We are also opening our interactive bible studies the same week.

To research a church that would be available in the needed area.........I personally phone the pastor and ask for their statement of faith. Depending on the circumstances (distance, youth activity, etc. ) I try to find a Baptist church first.

My email addy is [email protected] if I can answer any more q's.
    Our site has now reached the 15,000 hits. [​IMG]

Thank you for even taking the time to reply.
    Blessings..
    Penny

PS.
    You will find our missions statement under our Donate to shakeNshine icon in the website.

[ April 10, 2002, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: Penny Darling ]