1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Student Says He Uncovered Something ‘Appalling’ When He Tried to Access NRA Website

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While conducting an Internet search for his classroom debate on gun control, Andrew Lampart’s attempts to access some websites on his school computer were unsuccessful.

To start with, the senior at Nonnewaug High School in Woodbury, Connecticut, said he couldn’t access the National Rifle Association’s website.

“So, I went over to the other side,” the 18-year-old told WTIC-TV in Hartford. “And I went over on sites such as Moms Demand Action or Newtown Action Alliance and I could get on these websites but not the others.”

Lampart investigated further — what about his state’s political parties?

“I immediately found out that the State Democrat website was unblocked but the State GOP website was blocked,” he told WTIC.

Lampart said he tried websites focusing on abortion issues and religion — and what was seeming like a trend continued.

National Right to Life’s site? Blocked. Sites for Planned Parenthood and Pro-Choice America? Accessible. Christianity.com and the Vatican’s website? Blocked. But Islam-guide.com? Accessible. Lampart provided WTIC screen printouts of blocked and unblocked sites.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-tried-to-access-nra-website-theblaze-others/

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Article doesn't say if it's a public or private school. If it's a public school, it's appalling and needs to be fixed. If it's a private school, it's their right but those sites should be unblocked.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Given the stance most schools take with violence, I can understand the NRA site being blocked. But there needs to be some consistency.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

It's a public school, District 14 in Connecticut. The principal issued a statement today which has a link that pops up on every single webpage in the district. It effectively blames Dell SonicWall for the problem and claims to be fixing it.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea and he probably lost all the emails as well. :rolleyes: