1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Students at Christian University Run “Abortion Doula” Project to Facilitate Abortions

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to swallow hard when you read statements like this from a student at Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut.

Julie Vermeulen is a member of the “Wesleyan Doula Project,” which she fancies as a kind of bridge between the abortion clinic staff and the pregnant woman.

“I think that everyone deserves compassionate care, basically,” Vermeulen told the Wesleyan Argus, the student newspaper. “And this is obviously a political issue, but I really see it as a humanitarian issue. So whatever your politics are, I think that good, compassionate care is a human right. I think as doulas, we help make that happen.”

The project members stress that every case is different. Some women are nervous, some wonder if God will “hate” them after they abort their child, others cry, still others are guilty.

“I remind them, ‘This is a choice that you’re making,’” Camille Casareno told assistant features editor Max Lee. “It’s a good choice, if that’s what she had thought before. And it’s the right choice for her family, if it’s the right choice for her.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/04/17/...ortion-doula-project-to-facilitate-abortions/

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a low life piece of trash that tries to make abortion in to a thing of compassion.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would want every.single.one of those people to see the "products of conception" that are being torn from the womb. That is disgusting.