1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Students Say Pledge of Allegiance in Arabic!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jan 30, 2013.

?
  1. Yes...

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No...

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. No opinion...

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Here's my suggestion [see comments]...

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
    This deserves 3 wacks......thank you for pointing it out
    have no ideal where my brain was at

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Don't beat yourself up about it.

You actually made me go back and look it up since it didn't sound quite right but had the same meaning. I had to double check myself.

It's not a big deal.

I appreciate your point and your service.

I had the same conversation with my father about the flag a few years before he passed away. He said he couldn't make the distinction I was making because of what he lived through as a veteran of the Pacific Theater in World War II. The flag was a symbol of his nation and his home in a strange and dangerous world where death and pain was always present.

I have not lived through anything like that, so I have the luxury of being more dispassionate about it. But I truly have a sense of where you can from on the issue and I respect it.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Yes but you leftists have your way everyone will be bringing prayer rugs and knocking their head against the flour 5 times each day!

4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So I sat down and paged through the Constitution the other day, and still haven't found that section where English is the only language for official pledges. Maybe when I'm in DC next week I'll swing by the National Archives and see if its in the original.

I'll keep looking though...;)