1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Students sent home for American Flag Tee shirts

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by lori4dogs, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

2. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if they'll send home those who wear the Mexican flag t-shirts on Memorial Day?

3. billwald

billwald New Member

from

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

4. targus

targus New Member

Do you think that this is the reason that the students were sent home?

Really?

5. lori4dogs

lori4dogs New Member

Then I would think the following would also be inappropriate?

03/28 : Student protest

Whittier area students from Pioneer, California and Whittier high schools walked out of classes to protest the proposed federal immigration bill March 27, 2006. The protestors put up the Mexican flag over the American flag flying upside down at Montebello High.

6. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Good old diversity at work that everyone is so proud of, and go so far as to say it makes us a stronger nation. Baloney! :mad:

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mail delivery person wears a flag on his uniform.

HankD

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it could be burned in demonstrations, right ?

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

That "whiffing" sound was billwald completely missing the point. He'd rather argue a non-issue than understand a real issue.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Oh, the times I wish I were a school board member...

This Rodriguez loser needs to be deported. I say tattoo "America: Love it or leave it" on his backside, and set him loose, with tattoo in full view, in downtown Juarez or Tijuana.

What's sad--that moron probably makes $100K+ good benefits--we pay this guy to be a blooming idiot, full-time. That imbecile has no idea that the very country he shows disrespect to has afforded him the freedoms to act like a bumbling fool. (I just wish we didn't pay this guy to be stupid with tax dollars.)

If I had a kid in that school, I would pull him out yesterday. Leaving a kid to be "educated" by such morons is crazy, at the very least.

11. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

True: The flag is not to be worn as a garment or covering.
    Our flag is never to be flown inferior to another on the same pole.
    When flown at half mast, for recognition of mourning or memorial.... it is supposed to be fully raised and then lowered at the dawning of the day when placed on display... and again before removal at dusk.
    Our flag is not to be flown upside down except to show distress. (To some, these are times when our nation is considered in distress... though that is an individual interpretation, at present. Still, considering the recent 'free speech' interpretations the courts have added to the conduct concerning our flag.... this is probably the most affirming of any 'unmannerly' behavior concerning flag protocol and debatable allowance, imo.)

Whether right or wrong, good or bad, it seems the intentions of school instruction in our public education system is more concerned with developing diversity and subordinating our allegiance on a par with any other.... and maintaining so-called political correctness.... instead of giving correct instruction and affirming discipline in respect for our heritage. In allegiance as well as in economy or in spiritual development or the educational process.... the result is the same goal.... whether it is clear in the clever use of words to describe the content of programs or not.... to dilute those areas of personal conviction, dedication, allegiance, and individual and unified pride in God, family, and country.... and bring others into an artificially created perception of equality or promotion to favor above our own heritage.

It is not to create unity.... as some might argue: The purpose or outcome is to keep division and make those divisions and the animosity created more evident to promote distrust and questions of loyalty within the body which makes up our own people.

If the schools were truly institutions of education and development of good citizens.... instead of propaganda machines producing a dumbing down product which is servile to all authority and powers and without conscience or amoral development incapable of judging itself or realigning its own behavior....... they would be teaching our heritage first.... respect and correct deportment first ........understanding and how to get along with those who are different... whatever their differences may be without having to compromise their own identity to political correctness first. If the wearing of the flag is considered disrespectful and instructional to be removed from daily wear... these need to be taught and enforced daily...... not wait for and occasion such as this which is prejudicial in action ....with the schools being as critical of their own carriage of its representatives, displays and use as it is of the students.

It is time for educators to correct their own behavior and be an example for the students: Our culture and heritage is that of the several states and The United States of America. Allegiance and respect for our country, its history, its heritage, its borders, the price to maintain our peace and security, can and should be maintained and taught. Respect for others doesn't mean we must reduce respect for our own. In fact.... respect between persons who are different can't be taught or learned in an environment which enforces that those differences must be removed or periodically altered.

#11 windcatcher, May 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2010
  12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Being as the school in question is obviously loyal to Mexico (at least the administration), then perhaps it's time for Mexico to fund the school.

I say quit paying the principal. Let Mexico pay him...being as he seems to be loyal to them, anyway.

13. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Along a similar vein.... I think every hospital which has had to treat a person who was suspected of being an illegal alien (without some identification).... should have been allowed to bill our state department and the native government for their charges..... and file suit if not recovered, on those who are truly illegal or have no evidence for living here legally.

14. rbell

rbell Active Member

Feel free to send an email to the "geniuses" in charge:

http://liveoakhs.ca.campusgrid.net/home/Directory

Look for the addresses for Nick Boden, Tracie Shumate, and Miguel Rodriguez. (Their emails are public record, so I'm committing no wrong here--but I'll take the high road and make you go to the trouble of looking for them).

Drop them a line, and encourage them to reconsider (or to move to Mexico, and at least let their allegiances line up with their employer).

Rodriguez is the stinker of the bunch. He referred to the wearing of patriotic clothing as "incindiery."

15. billwald

billwald New Member

OK, lets close all public access hospitals. Let a person die if he can't pay up front or has medical insurance. Hospitals could maintain a data base with the insurance companies. There is always the Sisters of Providence for the poor people.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow...went from american flag to hospital policy in 14 posts...

Maybe by post 20 we'll discuss the infield fly rule, and by post 30, we'll talk about synthesizing liquid polymers.

:rolleyes:

17. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

If the schools want a dress code.... they need to post it and enforce it for all. If they wish to limit the rights of free speech (and this has some merit to create boundaries which help keep order and discipline necessary for an environment in which learning can take place without excesses of distraction or controversy) then they need to be able to set forth these guideline... and enforce them universally.

If they permit freedom in dress code..... then that freedom should apply every day of the school year: If they make an allowance.... like halloween costumes (not that I agree.. but as an example here) for 'halloween' then students have that particular exception on that particular day.... but that should not require that they dress in costume, nor restrict them from wearing slogans or choice of apparrel which is distinctively different or opposed to recognizing that 'holiday'.

If this is a disciplinary problem for educators because 'some' are offended..... then it is time for educators to step up to the challenge of teaching all students how to get along and still keep or respect their differences. It is not a matter of who is majority or who is minority..... it is a matter of 'control' issues.... which all factions harbor at one time or another. Being 'sensitive' to differences or 'minorities' or majorities doesn't not mean identification. Respect for others doesn't mean identification. Respect doesn't mean control. Respect does mean an understanding of boundary rights.... where my boundaries begin and end.... and where 'your' boundaries begin and end. Respect does have much to do with accepting 'personhood' of ones self and others.... proper speech.... not personal attacks. It doesn't mean a change in change in values, moral agreement, or alterations in whom one chooses to associate with.

But what can be expected from educators, who, for the most part, are themselves the recipients of the same dumbed-down education system.... where only a few have been able to rise above the mold which most of them were forced into by education, their organizations, and the support many get from society at large. It is easier to go with the flow than to buck it to travel upstream.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sick of trying to be "fair."

Our stupid education system is treating all concepts as equal in validity.

They're not.

This is the same idiocy that has added a right to our list of inalienables--the "right not to be offended." Sorry...it's an imposter. That's not a guaranteed right, and I'm tired of seeing it enforced as if it was.

We're in America. That's the country that is affording us our education, opportunities, and freedoms. If folks want to show support for other countries, fine. But you're not going to look at me and say, "Don't support this country."

Forget "fairness." Let's try "justice."

19. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be sure you don't wear a cap or t-shirt tomorrow that says "#1 Dad" or anything like that... that will be disrespecting mothers on Mothers' Day.

20. Jason Garrett

Jason Garrett New Member

Hilarious, Alcott.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.