1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Stuff White People Riot About

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bro. Curtis, Nov 25, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some have likely overdone it, but OTOH police forces around the country were literally outgunned by criminals for a lot of years.

Some, no doubt , overcompensated.

But I don't put much stock in the "they're going to use them to suppress the population' theory.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea complaining about how the police are militarized but ignoring how militarized the criminals are is awful lop sided.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Rev., that is the only way a liberal knows how to respond to a clear-cut question that they are unable to answer with a straight face, and a twinge of guilt for lying!

I have watched the three-stooges, who have resonded above you, resort to these tactics when they are unable to respond in a civil manner. So, don't give this attack a second look, as it is a cheap shot, which is all the left can do! Sadly, it reminds me of my debates with atheists, who always resort to attacks and mocking us, when they are backed into an intellectual corner that they can't fine a way out of!

#23 righteousdude2, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everybody in the thread has moved on and gotten back to the OP. Why are you coming in here just to to instigate and use personal attacks to get everyone arguing again? Very shameful to try to provoke others into arguing more.

#24 Use of Time, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
  5. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I would love to be able to agree with you, but the political class that has co-opted the name "conservative" has proven a great love militarization. I saw it, as I worked as a defense contractor for several years. It was only after sequestration took effect that our business suffered and I had to find a new industry.

Anyone who "trusts" our government needs to have their head examined. The truth is the American citizen was supposed to be, at least nominally, as equally armed as the police or military. Why? Because the founders had just witnessed a long war with a nation that was supposed to be there own, and they realized the frail corruptibility of humanity, and how government could be turned on a citizenry. They wrote into the Declaration of Independence that if a government became destructive of the rights of the citizens, it was the duty of the citizens to overthrow that government and establish a new one. They wrote into the Constitution that citizens have the right to keep and bear arms as a militia. Seeing as militias were necessary for survival in those days.

We simply have too many people who are too quick to overreact. A select few police officers have the mentality of "shoot first, shoot some more, shoot one more time, then ask some questions."

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be but I do not want to our officers to suffer because of it. It is a very dangerous job and deserves our respect and support.

7. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Once looters start looting, when protestors become violent, when windows of businesses of law abiding citizens get broken, when police cars get overturned and torched, when car lots go up in flames, when looting liquor stores help furthering the cause, then all bets are off, the gloves come off, and any and all means to stop the rabble rousers starts...

8. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely! No question!
    One warning - "Anybody who starts any type of violence will be stopped by whatever means necessary -- IMMEDIATELY!"
    Then follow through!!!

A couple of thugs laid out prone would make whatever incentive they have to "burn" seem a whole lot less attractive than when they were recruited.:smilewinkgrin:

One other thing; of those arrested that were not locals, the punishment would be ten-fold!

Course if such were ever implemented, the liberal presses would be so hot that a paper edition could not be printed. :tongue3::tongue3:

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

I never could open the link in the original OP, but I'm hoping that the list includes buffet lines and black Friday sales at your favorite neighborhood Wal-Mart.

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Naw, he's one of those 'Reverends', don't you know?

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure there were tons of threads about those riots too with the same level of outrage.

14. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fear for the future of this nation. I'm sure many here do also. It seems there is a spirit of lawlessness at work at all levels and in every group ready to come to the surface on a whim for whatever reason.