1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumped on a question asked by a friend

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Ashley, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does this cause disagreement? People are being saved from all these ethnic/linquistic groups. BUT they are all being saved the same way. By calling on the name of the Lord to be saved.
    It is JESUS that is the only way.

2. Sularis

Sularis Member

I have such an ache in my heart for those foolish foolish Calvinists who go - God chose me, but everyone who doesnt hear the Word of God and claim the name of Jesus is going to Hell.

God chose you didn't He? A sinner with a tendency towards pride - Very Pharisaical - Even the Pharisee's could put on humility

I have not the courage or the simple brazen audacity to say to God - you cant save them - they need us to go preach to them so that you can then winnow through them and pick who the elect are.

Stick to your doctrine or leave it in the filth where it belongs - Either God does the calling, the awakening, the enlightening, and the saving, or we do. If all Christians were called to be elect then God has saved those whom He has called - Do not presume to say God cannot save His elect without a by-your leave.

Until you balance election with free will then maybe maybe you might see a glimpse of God's awesome power, and majesty

A majesty very similar to what a celtic noble would be forced to display in the idea of "naud" i believe - my research is spotty there