1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Substance and Tone’ of Obama Address ‘a Complete Failure

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Dec 6, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2015/12/06/obama-announces-no-new-strategy-defeating-isis/

Obama Announces No New Strategy For Defeating ISIS

President Barack Obama addressed the nation Sunday night and offered no new initiatives for defeating ISIS, despite new polling data showing that Americans are unhappy with his current strategy

The strategy that we are using now — air strikes, special forces, and working with local forces who are fighting to regain control of their own country — that is how we’ll achieve a more sustainable victory...

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sure the article states what the proper strategy is? Sigh, nope.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How could it? Our commander-in-chief did not give us one. Instead it quotes Obama saying that he is going to do nothing new and that confirms even further your lie in your first post.

Ready to man up?

4. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you better get used to more of the same from the leading GOP candidates then.

Here is Trump's plan.

"Donald TRUMP, the showman businessman, is also a foreign policy newcomer yet is already previewing how he would bomb his way to peace. In Trump’s mind, the United States can cut of the Islamic State’s cash flow by interrupting its access to vast oil reserves under the ground it controls through fear. “I would just bomb those suckers. That’s right. I’d blow up the pipes,” Trump said. “I’d blow up every single inch. There would be nothing left. And you know what, you’ll get Exxon to come in there and in two months, you ever see these guys, how good they are, the great oil companies? They’ll rebuild that sucker, brand new—it’ll be beautiful.”

Bomb those suckers. Well that's being done already. Next.

Here is Carson's

“I would use everything available to us,” retired neurosurgeon Ben CARSON said. “That includes the economic possibilities available to us. It involves all of our covert activities and special forces. I believe that it will probably require us to put some men on the ground.” He also has suggested China is playing a role in Syria, without providing evidence, a claim the White House contests. “I’m surprised my sources are better than theirs,” he said of the White House pushback.

"I'll use resources and involve covert activities and special forces." That is being done. Anybody else? Mr. Cruz, you are up next.

Here is Cruz

Sen. Ted CRUZ is similarly urging America to lead a coalition to fight extremism where is starts. “We need boots on the ground, but they don’t necessarily need to be American boots,” Cruz said. “The Kurds are our boots on the ground.” Instead, the United States would lend overwhelming air power. As for rhetoric, Cruz says America must not show mercy. “If you join ISIS, if you wage jihad on America, then you are signing your death warrant,” he said. In response to the attacks in Paris, Cruz warned Americans that “we are seeing an unmistakable escalation of ISIS’ ambitions and the scale of their terrorist attacks outside Syria and Iraq.”

Wow, use other forces, like the Kurds! Oh and air superiority! Also being done.

So currently Obama has a strategy that combines all three of these.

http://time.com/4113042/paris-attacks-islamic-state-republican-positions/

The only opinion I don't have is yours Carpro. If not for me, then the rest of the board. What is the better solution? I'll wait.

P.S. LOL Breitbart.

• Like Like x 1
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes you do. You lied in your first post and are not man enough to admit it. I admit it's not really a matter of opinion , but a fact. But it's all you'll get until you do.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-he-was-being-reassuring-tonight-jim-geraghty

Obama Actually Thought He Was Being Reassuring Tonight.

President Obama’s Sunday night speech was about three-quarters of what the cynics and his critics expected. The lone bits of good news were the president’s belated acknowledgement that the Fort Hood shooting was terrorism – not “workplace violence” – and that he didn’t announce any new executive orders dealing with gun control.

snip

At this point in his presidency, Obama speaks with only one tone, the slightly exasperated and sometimes not-merely-slightly exasperated “adult in the room” who constantly has to correct his fellow Americans, who are always flying off the handle, calling for options that “aren’t who we are”, betraying our values, and so on. He’s always so disappointed in us.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get used to the strategy because Trump's is even weaker than Obama's.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can't say that Obama called for more gun control because nothing he said on the subject was new.

His speech was about 18 minutes long and the gun control part was about 1 minute worth.

Still, I mostly agree with the thought that Obama offered nothing new in the strategy to fight ISIS. In fact, he said in his speech, "We're going to keep on doing what we've been doing" at least two times. Really, there wasn't much new stuff here. Helping to seal the Turkish border was something I thought might be new, though I don't know what that has to do with fighting terror in the US. I think there was something about reviewing the visa process that allowed the female shooter to enter our country. But that's about it.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Turkish border issue is part of fight on cutting off financial assets with regards to ISIS. There are ISIS sympathizers in Turkey that we strongly believe are aiding with funding and even providing a safe haven for ISIS.

I could be wrong here but was tonight supposed to be a "new" plan to fight ISIS or simply an address on terror. I don't think it's terribly important if it's new or not regardless.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the administration has already admitted that he addressed the wrong kind of visa.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The speech was advertised as how we are going to defeat ISIL. Speech was given in the aftermath of San Bernardino. People were looking for an announcement of something new, especially how to combat them in the homeland. Instead, all we got was the same strategies we're already using. The same ones that were in place a week ago, before San Bernardino, the ones the shooters evaded. The speech was a failure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you can answer me then. I've been avidly searching for the proper strategy and come up with the same tactics we are using now from both sides of the partisan aisle. Trump wants to bomb them, Carson wants to use Special Forces and Cruz wants the Kurds to do the heavy lifting with U.S. air superiority. I'm not even trying to be sarcastic here, I legitimately can't find someone that will posit an alternative solution. Lindsay Graham says he wants to go back in but I think he is in the minority even in the GOP.

• Like Like x 1
  13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I know. One thing we need to do is to get a coordinated attack plan among our allies and Russia. It seems we have the French, the Brits, Russia, us, and now the Germans randomly flying sorties over there. Get a plan.

Obama has been hesitant to bomb oil facilities because of environmental concerns. Forget that!

Realize there will be collateral killing of civilians, don't let it completely stop you from going after ISIS. Don't let them use human shields.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even that is not the real problem.

Problem #1 is the rules of engagement.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the issue with those are?

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we are starting to see more coordination with our European allies as of late. Their needs to be an effort to sell Russia on joining. Would have liked to hear about that tonight was disappointed.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/obama-oval-office-speech/2015/12/06/id/704770/

Pete King: Obama's Terror Speech 'Pitiful, Total Failure of Leadership'

Conservative Rep. Pete King slammed President Barack Obama's Oval Office address on terrorism Sunday night, calling it "pitiful — a total failure of leadership."

"Nothing the president proposed or spoke about had any relevance or connection to the San Bernardino massacre," the New York Republican said in a statement. "Once again he failed to say that our enemy is Islamist terrorism.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...old-as-critics-blast-us-rules-engagement.html

In the wake of Friday's deadly terror attack in Paris and the confirmed bombing of a Russian airliner, Russia and France are pounding the Islamic State's Syrian stronghold of Raqqa as, while the number of U.S. airstrikes against ISIS still dwarves all others combined, America appears to be in a slap fight while others are punching hard, say military experts.

"They know our rules of engagement as well as we do," he added. "They operate with impunity."

• Like Like x 1
  19. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zactly. "It's what Democrats do".