1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Substance and Tone’ of Obama Address ‘a Complete Failure

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Dec 6, 2015.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see it. What did he lie about? And why are you repeating this 'man up' mantra? UOT seems pretty gutsy to me, and with firsthand knowledge of the reality of things in the Levant.

2. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the problem with most of you all here that the U.S. does not appear to 'take the lead' and be in charge? That doesn't bother me.

I'm not defending Obama, at all. He disgusts me. But I have to think he is listening to military council from those in the know.

Short of an all out invasion what would you all have the U.S. to do? UOT makes excellent points concerning the solutions proposed by the GOP candidates, which is basically what's being done already.

What do you all want? The U.S. to take the lead, commit to another major engagement, and invade? Again?

H3LL, let's just nuke em'.

#42 kyredneck, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  3. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Virtually impossible? That is a bit overdramatic. No you can can't just go shooting willy nilly. What do you think we should be able to do that we can't do right now?

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well we have been in the lead. All of these other countries are just now joining the fight.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...thing-new-post-san-bernardino-we-needed-more/

Monday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” host Joe Scarborough expressed his disappointment in President Barack Obama’s address to the nation a night earlier.

According to Scarborough, Obama’s effort on Sunday was underwhelming because it failed to reveal anything new to the American people.

“They needed something news – we needed something new,” Scarborough said. “Post-San Bernardino, we needed more. We had a president who was slow to respond to ISIS. He was slow to respond to Paris. He said ISIS was contained. There’s a report out now from the intel community that what he is doing is not working. ISIS isn’t contained.”

“What did the president do last night?” he continued. “He talked about status quo at home. We know that he supports gun control. He’s been talking about that for seven years. That’s not new after San Bernardino. Status quo abroad – as Richard Engel said. It’s staying the course, which has not worked. And his own intel community is saying it’s not working. And so Willie [Geist], so many people were watching last night saying, ‘Is that really it?’”

“I don’t know what new — if the president doesn’t want Americans to be consumed by fear, and here we are on the anniversary of Pearl Harbor, then he’s got to give Americans a reason to believe that he’s not just going to stay hunkered down in his ideological bunker and continue to ignore this threat.”

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...s-islamic-state-speech-may-made-things-worse/

Marco Rubio: Obama’s Islamic State Speech ‘May Have Made Things Worse

Nothing that happened in the speech tonight is going to assuage people’s fears,” Rubio said, in a ten-minute segment on Fox News after the president’s speech.

Rubio acknowledged that Americans were fearful of Islamic State terrorism, blaming Obama for failing to properly respond to, not only the attacks in Paris three weeks ago, but the recent attack in California.

He also argued that Obama failed to signal any additional strategy to combat an increasing terrorist threat under his administration and criticized the president’s strategy that was focused on air campaigns.

“I think not only did the president not make things better tonight, I fear he may have made things worse in the minds of many Americans,” Rubio said.

snip

Rubio also accused Obama for cynicism, after the president lectured Americans on how to properly respond to Muslims in reaction to the attacks.

“Where is there widespread evidence that we have a problem in America with discrimination against Muslims?” he said in disbelief.

He also dismissed Obama’s rhetoric on gun control, arguing that the president was only suggesting a political solution to the problem for political reasons and would have little ability to block terrorists from acquiring weapons.

“This is nothing but an effort to use this issue of terrorism as another way to try to push their agenda that they’ve been dying to push for the longest amount of time, and that’s gun control,” he said.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I saw the Rubio interview. I like Rubio.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's smart and talks well, but...

He's an immigration disaster. Amnesty all the way.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He has disowned his previous position. He does favor a path to citizenship after many qualifications are met.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He got in bed with the democrats to write an amnesty bill. He may have disavowed it, but I don't believe him and many others won't either. He's pretty much dodged it so far, but somewhere down the line, he's going to have to deal with it.

13. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, Rubio is slippery than John Ellis Bush but Bush is far more tone deaf.

Well, I often wonder if we should even be involved in this at all but since we are, we should play to win. I'm no military strategist but how 'bout adopting the French RoEs?:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/2...rules-of-engagement-than-france-in-isis-fight

I don't like the idea of cops having laxer rules on American citizens that our military does on terrorists.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are less concerned with collateral damage. I'm not sure why that is the better method. We are at war with an ideology. The military alone cannot solve ISIS. Heaps of dead civilians play into their hands.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are probably right but heaps of dead civilians are what will happen if ISIS isn't countered anyways. I guess you could go the route of just letting France and Russia do all the dirty work, which is what is happening already. It's just too hard to try to engage some enemy that hides behind civilians and you got to concede that ISIS is an expert in this type of warfare.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Meanwhile the stolen oil pipeline to Turkey continues to run unmolested. Isis won't run out of money anytime soon.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know why that oil pipeline is still working? According to CNN:

The U.S. is running out of bombs to drop on ISIS

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/04/politics/air-force-20000-bombs-missiles-isis/
    ----

I know, I know. Unbelievable. I hope this is disinformation.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

18. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed on most counts. Counterinsurgency is a difficult beast. I was speaking more about perpetuating the same cycle where we kill civilians and it being used against us by ISIS or damaging whatever inroads we have developed in the middle east. I'm fine with someone else doing the heavy lifting for awhile but nobody seems to want to lead expect us.

• Like Like x 1
  19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another mismanagement travesty, if true. Regardless, That pipeline should have been shutdown a year ago.

20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was it just me? Or, (as President Obama shifted his head around in different small angles) I saw through his makeup and he looked exhausted with circles, bags and puffy eyes.

In fact he looked as if his left eye had been damaged by some kind of impact!

????

HankD