1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Substantial Part of answer to the Sabbath riddle exposed

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Substantial part of the answer to the 'riddle' the Sabbath has become for most Christians, is the "SUBSTANCE-day" of the "three days" of Christ's Last Suffering which He so 'passionately' spoke about.

Jesus spoke with and without 'parables' concerning the "three days" of "the plague [that] was upon Him". For these "three days" were the "THREE DAYS THICK DARKNESS" of the last two of Egypt's ten plagues indeed that ended in Israel's exodus from the land of Egypt and entrance into the promised land.
    Due to THIS redemption of the People of God the 'creation-motive' was completely dropped and was replaced with REDEMPTION in the Fourth Commandment as reason for the Sabbath.

The middle-day of the "three days" received central importance in the Scriptures for 'the God-given and therefore eschatologic imperative whole and wholeness' (using Lohmeyer's terminology) thereof and which its very name, "BONE-DAY", is indicative of.

Once exposed, "Bone-Day" changes perspective, approach, conception and expression of contemplation, discussion and conclusion about the usual and traditional understanding of Jesus Christ's Last Passover. And inevitably about the Sabbath for the Christian Faith.

UNDERSTANDING THE SCRIPTURES NEVER WILL BE THE SAME AGAIN.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=2028704&posted=1#post2028704
    A prospector who knows his job knows where to do prospecting and for what to prospect.

To be honest, I started out a real rookie, knowing not where to look or for what to look. But I was a rookie under the guidance of the Master Prospector ... and I KNEW THAT, right from the start. In the end it turned out I was prospecting for most precious 'BONES-of-gold' or 'gold-of-BONES'!

What a discovery -- and LIFE-CHANGING -- of worth far, far more than gold to me.

The more I think of it the humbler I feel and the humbler I feel the SURER AND MORE JUBILANT. It's a GREAT feeling (to deny I must lie), real discovery of WORTH gives one.