1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Substitutionary Atonment Question.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Thinkingstuff, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    'Substitutionary Atonement' - an expression not in the Bible. But to me, acceptable non the less.

But 'Substitutionary Atonement' is not all 'Atonement' is.
    Have you ever thought of 'Disposal Atonement'? Not an expression found in the Bible? You're sure? Let's see:
    "Then said He, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that He may establish the second: By the which will we are 'atoned'? By the which will we are reconciled? By the which will we are justified? By the which will we are forgiven our sins? "By the which will: we are sanctified"! Sanctified by His earthly ministry? Sanctified by His Intercession? Sanctified by our co-operation with Him? Sanctified by the killing of the old man? Sanctified by the culture of the new man? "Sanctified by : the Offering of the body of Jesus Christ", for as long as we obey? for as long as we endure? For as long as we believe? For as long as : "Once for all"!

That's 'Disposal Atonement'; it's called 'objective sanctification' - a concept or principle not known, as far as I know.

Or you think I'm wrong?

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We not only are justified unconditionally; we are sanctified unconditionally! We are not only justified by faith, in Christ; We are also sanctified, by faith, in Christ.
    'Sanctification' does not follow 'justification', it accompanies it; Sanctification does not follow 'atonement'; sanctification is justification and sanctification is atonement, and atonement and justification are, sanctification. All because everything as concerns Salvation, expels our own merit and impels the merit of Christ.

#42 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008