1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Suggestion For Staff

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Darrell C, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say this like its a bad thing. Sounds like it worked.

Do other denominations cluster the Baptist Boards? They're secluded.

And its not secluding a member...just a particular issue. Militant members of agendas should have aright to speak their mind, but don't have a right to derail every thread.

Correction: you can't reach a troll because you have already decided they're hopeless.

And as long as that is your mentality you've excused yourself from the cause, and that person you may have shared the Gospel with continues unchecked in their ministry.

God bless.

2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll have to explain this before I can respond.

Carry what along?

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Zaac posted relevant rules about trolls. While I do think he seeks too evoke emotional responses I also see many of his posts are in response to other members, so guilt is not just one person. I do view some of his threads baiting and flaming but that doesn't change the fact...he sincerely believes what he talks about.

That is the suggestion's goal. Then those who lack self control and bite will show they too enjoy the discussions from a racial perspective, as opposed to strictly political. There are many issues conservatives and liberals can debate without bringing race into it. There are conservatives and liberals in every race.

And I hate to say it, but some do minimize what blacks have gone through, and this is something typical in controversial issues. For example, some go to the extreme of reviling Mary because others are perceived as worshipping her. Some do, but that doesn't change the fact that God chose Mary to bear our lord and she wshoild be held in high regard, even as Esther is.

Is it so hard to acknowledge blacks went through terrible things? To understand why some of them might become consumed with it?

There is a similar mentality in many issues. Calv/Arm, rapture/mail/Catholic/Protestant.

But make it clear that belongs only in mind section and I think it would help.

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't seem you are interested in discussing the OP, but continuing contention.

That fits within the parameters of the rules you posted.

Try discussing the OP.

God bless.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So tell me, why do you think more people don't put those they think are trolls on ignore? Seems like a simple solution.

God bless.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've seen the rules and he is systematically violating almost all of them. The subject matter makes no difference.

Waiting for the mods to wake up and do their duty.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Careful...big brother is watching...

lol

I think it would be better to keep in mind we all benefit from their leniency. I think secluding certain topics would limit the need for moderation.

How many threads about human sexuality crop up?

Its just my opinion battles like these can only be won on a doctrinal level and Biblical doctrine has to be the focus. We both, and most of us, would acknowledge a racist heart doesn't correspond to Christianity.

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And I would just throw in Zaac's views have to be shown to be in error before a charge of trolling can be levied. And he has refused to enter into doctrinal discussion in my discussions with him. So he has every thread in Politics to further his agenda. And to respond to those who bait him. Wouldnt be the case if racial issues were secluded. He might be forced to take a new approach or find another forum. He would have never racked up over 7,000 posts on most of the Christian forums I am familiar with.

God bless.

#48 Darrell C, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2015
  9. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It didn't fix the troll problem, though because that's exactly what happened. The troll still trolled until he could troll no more.

Maybe it has nothing to do with my perception of what constitutes trolling but of what trolling is:

...No trolling. Trolling consists of provoking large volumes of responses by posting absurdities, deliberately offensive insults, etc

Etc is the operative word here. Over 8k posts just here, thousands more elsewhere. This one latched onto race-baiting years ago when he tried to contend that Trayvon Martin invoked SYG. THERE'S the absurdity angle and it's been used here over and over. Hillary Clinton's emails were turned into an argument that the troll never was a supporter of her. Lost cause but your idea is something to think about. And God Bless you.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And its only when people feed his agenda that he is encouraged to continue. I think I logged about Tenn or so posts before he put me on ignore, lol.

The sub-board/thread wouldnt allow for that sort of baiting. Most of us do that, but usually race has nothing to do with it.

Ultimately I would hope someone might be able to get someone like that to begin doctrinal discussion. Only by comparing his views with what Scripture teaches could he possibly see his intentions conflict with a Christian view.

So I'd hate to see him banned, but I'll be honest if it were my forum he wouldnt have made it past a hundred posts. And that is a trademark characteristic of those rioting to show contempt for law and order. Why would we expect such a one to abide by forum rules?

God bless.

11. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:applause::thumbsup::applause::thumbsup:

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone on staff have an opinion on the suggestion?

God bless.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope.:wavey:

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you sure you've read the forum definition of what a troll is?

As far as bein a troll are concerned, views don't matter. People are allowed to hold different views and to defend them vigorously. That is not what is hjappening.

If you don't understand that basic point, you will never know who is a troll and who is not.

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point is that not all of his posts are trolling. Some of the discussions raise points that can reasonably be discussed and debated.

It is when the trolling is encouraged by response that it is continued.

But feel free to post the Forum Rules on trolling, and we'll discuss them.

I have given up on a Staff response, lol.

God bless.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew it. You're a staff member just raising controversy...

God bless.

17. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Make a thread discussing the topic of homosexuality and watch the bat signal off though.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

A troll is a troll. Quantity doesn't matter. Like a pedophile, they can't be cured.

The only reasonable solution is banishment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

NOPE.:wavey:

20. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Maybe they feel sorry for the minority troll.