Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by hillclimber1, Aug 22, 2007.
Post didn't feel right
Is there any reason you couldn't do it?raying:
Sorry about that.
But yes, the reason is, as my new bride of 41 years pointed out: If a pastor starts this worthy project, how far will he get before being labeled a heretic or something. But it would be fun till then. Too many religious viewpoints.
Couldn't it be a pass the torch kind of project
It's a good idea but an awfully large undertaking -- both in scope and for the emotional drain that a chatboard can be.
Well, if that's the case, to keep with Protestant tradition, the BB could just split and become "The Reformed Baptist Board"
Probably until you finished typing "In the beginning".
We spent about 2 hrs. on this starting with the garden, and were doing fine till we got to the rapture and tribulation. Can't be done. :laugh:
Almost EVERY aspect of the Christian faith is challenged by "someone" on this board.
1. In the beginning God CREATED... "For in SIX Days the Lord Created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them" -- challenged by those who cling to the religion of atheist-darwinism on this board.
2. The World Wide Flood -- challenged again by believers in atheist darwinism on this board.
3. The value and doctrinal use of the OT -- challenged by those who reject even the Gospels as being "precross teaching and doctrine" let alone the OT.
4. The moral law of the Ten Commandments - challenged by "almost everyone" on this board.
5. Millennium - challenged by those who do not think a 1000 years is a 1000 years.
6. "God is LOVE" challenged in practice by those who insist that God is arbitrary - selecting a FEW to love and the others to "love to watch burning forever".
7. Warnings in the Bible regarding salvation issue (like being severed from Christ, standing only by your faith, falling from grace) challenged by those who believe that warning against such a thing is impossible.
8. Forgiveness of sins - "If we Confess our Sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins" challenged by those who say we are not to confess sins after coming to Christ.
9. USING the Bible as the sole authority for Doctrine. (I.E your whole method of going to the Bible and saying here is where this doctrine comes from - and so it is true because the Bible says so) challenged by those who insist that whatever church leadership you have should ALSO be taken as a equally authorotative doctrinal source as scripture to the point of letting them interpret the Bible for you as well.
... Lot's of others -- but I am running out of time.