1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suggestions Appreciated

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by pops, Oct 1, 2007.

1. pops

pops New Member

I would appreciated suggestions on:

Witnessing to Atheists. - I don't know where to begin

Witnessing to JW's - I always just tell them I do not take cult magazines - thanks anyway and close the door.

Witnessing to someone who go's to church but never reads anything let alone the bible. This particular person I am thinking about needs to get involved because of her invalid husband. He needs help and how can she help when she is not receptive? - I hope this makes some sense.

How about relatives who have fallen away? At least I know mostly what to do in this case.

Thanks in advance - Pops

2. tjfkbrawny

tjfkbrawny New Member

Most people who are athiests do not really know what they believe. I suggest Ravi Zacharias' book "Can man live without God."

The reason I do is that most people who have really thought about it and have come to be athiests are a little more of the kind who might read a book like that.

3. angelfire

angelfire New Member

witnessing to athiests

Hi pops
    JW's often only know one or two scriptures. --please give them my number if you dont feel up to giving a witness. BUT dont send them away empty handed. Take one of their tracts--OR buy it --and give them onbe of yours .ITS THE CHEAPEST WAY I KNOW TO GET A CHRISTIAN TRACT TO THEM who knows ,you might even be able to prove the TRINIY to them while youre talking; they only spend a maximum of 15 min so dont be scared. The Holy Spirit and YOU are a majority in any situation.. log onto MMMINISTRIES , macgregor ministries and get some of their material. Lorri McGregor was a 25 year JW before she became a Christian and I know she can help with tracts , websites for JW's etc.. as for the "athiest". he's just a sinner Christ wants to save. Have a coffee with him and get to know where he's at in life ,talk about the ball game , hobbies etc . The Holy Spirit will guide you from there I,m at [email protected] if you need more help
    in christ
    angelfire

4. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Our church has just gone through the evangelism series "Way of the Master". There is a book out called Biblical School of Evangelism (I believe) that gives you 101 ways to witness written by Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. If covers Atheists, JWs, and others.

I ordered mine through CBD for about $20.00.

Here is their website.

www.christianbooksdistributors.com

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, pops.

Welcome to the Baptist Board. May you be blessed and be a blessing.

You've gotten some pretty good advice already, but I thought I'd add my two yen worth.
    Remember the power of the Word of God (Heb. 4:12) and the Gospel (Rom. 1:16). It doesn't matter if they believe the Bible or not. It is a sword, and if you stab someone with it it will affect them!

Just the other day we got a phone call from a Japanese man who said he had gotten one of our tracts (pure Scripture) and reading it "was an unpleasant experience" so we should stop passing them out. He didn't know it, but that was the Holy Spirit working in his heart.
    I agree with angelfire: trade tracts with them! However, JW's are a long term project, here in Japan anyway. If you start in with them make sure you have time to talk and know your Bible well. Then be prepared for them to come back and go over some of the same ground. But once again, the Bible will work on their hearts, too. Use it!
    These cases may need what is sometimes called "relationship evangelism." Stick with them, pray for them, love them, give them tracts and other literature when you see them, witness to them when you can. Eventually the Lord will work in their hearts. It was George Mueller who prayed for his brother for 40 years, and his brother finally got saved after George died!
    I hope this helps. God bless!

John

6. pops

pops New Member

Suggestions

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who responded so far I really will take these offers of help to heart and ask GOD for guidance!
    Angelfire you nick sounds familiar did you used to have a WEB page?

7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

If I was interested in witnessing to an atheist, I think i would be listening to him first, since I would be interested in seeing what brought him/her to this place.

To some I know, Lee Stroebel's books have done well.

8. Janet1983

Janet1983 New Member

Atheists is a problem... I never sucessfully encountered one.
    JW is easy... they want to talk to you, so that's cool. I made a couple of them admit they were wrong. Since that day I didn't get any visits anymore...
    Make sure you got your own bible at hand and make sure you know it. Maybe you want to go over their main points in advance if you got the time. It took me 3 hours of talking and bible proof...
    The last one... well we got PWOC, but that doesn't help you... I don't know. Maybe you could try to be a good friend and at some time just bring a bible.

#8 Janet1983, Oct 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2007
  9. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Don't give up un the atheist! I was once an atheist.Make him/her your friend and let them see your light shine day in day out, you will have an effect on them.:godisgood: