1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suicide and 911

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

well thats exactly what you are, if you commit suicide, Amy. You are murdering yourself.

But God knows the heart, does He not?

It doesnt have to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over here on the right or wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over here on the left.

We can be sinners and still have God understand why we did things.

I think its silly that this entire time people have been trying to "prove" that suicide isnt murder in the first place. Of COURSE its murder.

But as with any sin, God understands why we do things. Who really are we to know which people who do things are condemned by God and who are not? Honestly we do not know.

I think we should realize for ourselves that we had better not commit suicide. Stay away from condemning anyone else, we cannot judge the heart, but at the same time dont go around seeming to encourage suicide by causing people to believe that they wont be condemned for it. Because in their case they might be.

I just think this whole thing is kind of silly, trying to prove its not murder.

Its like if someone comes into your house to shoot your entire family and you decide to kill them before they do. well you dont have to go on and on trying to convince everyone that wasnt murder. OF COURSE you murdered the person.

The question is, in that particular case, is that person who did that condemned? I think we dont know and I also think that with anything, there MUST be certain cases where God understands and doesnt condemn the person.

I just think also that alot of this on these boards seems to try to condone sin.

BOTH are wrong, in my opinion and people need to have a more balanced view of the entire thing.

But of course thats just my personal opinion.

1)we dont need to be cold hearted or unsympathetic
    2)we dont need to try to excuse sin
    3)we dont need to judge anyone

I think all three of these things can be accomplished and they dont need to be pitted against each other.

Claudia

#61 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  2. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Claudia, I am confused. You think you are confused, read her posts, man she is as confused as a termite in a yo yo!

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I agree. Not necessarily. However, if 10% of the general population is Christian, which is a conservative number I think, then we can reasonably assume that 300 of those who died were.

The issue is that you automatically discount that anybody that died in the WTC or Flight 93 was a Christian because to do so is a strike against this little house of cards that you've built. You, sir, are the one with nonsensical assumptions.

4. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Scarlett,

Thats ok its perfectly understandable...

5. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Standing, I can't believe you are still kicking this dead horse. The SDA and Catholics have you all messed up. Without knowing it you are advocating a "works" salvation along with no eternal security. IF you will answer some question for me I would appreciate it.
    1. Is there one sin bigger than another. Liying or murder or steeling ect.
    2. If Rev.21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death," means as you interpret it to mean ALL murderers go to hell does that mean David is in hell and the Apostle Paul? Don't go the repentance road as that isn't in here.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

No.

It was murder and an act of war.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I never thought I'd see the day I agreed with Guero, but I do.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

:thumbs:

Are ya' saying there is hope for us?

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Every little bit counts.

10. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

You must have your very own personal text. Textus Receptus says anaireo not phonos.

11. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

So, here we have all of Claudia's beliefs we have debated with here in a nutshell:
    She is
    "...a vegetarian; no goat or ham;
    Or chicken or turkey, or hamburger,
    'cause to me, that's suicide; self-murder..."

Only KRS-One is a Five Percenter, not an SDA!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Couldn't resist, because this thread, and the argument over whether suicide was a form of "murder" made me think of that common rap line from almost 2 decades ago. (getting old!)

12. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

yep, it's suicide on the installment plan, along with using tobacco, alcohol, and drugs

...no rats, bats, or cats either (however, the clean meats are allowed in scripture, just not the most ideal food for the human body to have to digest)

any time you are abusing your body, thats exactly what you are doing, slow suicide. Thats why people who smoke cigarettes sometimes end up cutting off as much as a third of their lives...

...and thats why studies show that SDAs who follow the health rules end up living up to 8 years longer than the general population. They are smart enough to realize that God, being that He is our Creator, knows whats best for our bodies.

Why would anybody with a sound mind want to voluntarily slowly kill themselves by cutting off 8 years of their life? specially when you normally get only about 70 of them to start with?

#72 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  13. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

My, my, my. This is what happens when one violates scripture: "Lean not to your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge him."

Scarlett gets it right:

Amen.