1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Suicide

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ajg1959, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Born_in_Crewe

Born_in_Crewe Member

I hope AJ will take these posts on board and not go through with it. I've got a feeling that he won't and that he will find a way out of this situation. Bless him Lord.

2. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Hey AJ,

I have just finished praying for you and will continue to do so. I too have enjoyed reading your posts and been impressed with how well rounded and thoughtful you are.

Do me a favor, whatever you are doing right now stop, and go get yourself a copy of The Gospel for Real Life by Jerry Bridges and read it cover to cover. Then go back and re-read the chapter on Jesus and the cup of God's wrath. Jesus loved and loves you enough to undergo the wrath of His Father for your sake. Never forget that fact.

I'll be praying for you.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pray that AJ will realize that the Lord is on his side. He has no reason to take his life, none what so ever. We can trust the Lord (Phil 4:4-9). :praying:

I also hope and pray that the administration of these boards has taken action. I am sure the administration has access to IP addresses that can be turned over to the proper authorities who can take action to get AJ the help he needs and deserves. Would a board admin. assure us that such action has been or is being pursued? Thanks.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This is being pursued actively. The IP was from a public computer so we are stil trying to find a way to help.

#24 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

thank you Roger!

AJ - many of us are regularly praying for you! Bitsy

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for you, AJ!

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

AJ,

Since my departure from the board a few months back, I have lurked a bit on and off, but it took this for me to post.

First, I hope you read the support you are getting here. I understand what you are saying, but here are several points:

1. You may hate yourself, but God made you and you are not worthy of hate, even from yourself. You are a child of the King of Kings, and worthy of love...even from yourself. You are NOT unworthy.

2. Our feelings are controlled by chemicals much more than we care to admit. We may feel and believe that we are in control, but just as chemicals can be used as anesthesia to make us sleep, they can toy with our feelings and make us do things we would not do ordinarily. This is chemical depression and help is available.

3. Your son will never fully recover if you do this. He will live, yes. But he will not have his father to help him in his hours of need. He loves you, whether or not YOU love you. He needs his daddy.

4. History is full of failures that became successes. Henry Ford said that failure is the chance to try again, more intelligently. Failing is learning. We all fail at times.

5. It is said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It will get better. Life goes in cycles.

6. You have said you are pro-life? If an unborn child should live, so should you. You don't have the right to take that which is God's perogative.

Let us know you are alright. I care. I will check back. PM me if you want. I have known friends and family who have taken their lives, and it is horrible for those left behind. Please see a doctor, and please let us know if you are okay.

MP

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Dear AJ...

Dont do it. DO.....NOT.....DO....IT.

You cant see the future, AJ.

God can.

You cant see the other side of this. The great ending to this that is coming.

God has already planned it and designed it!

How bad did things look for Peter after he publically denied Christ 3 times?

How did Peter end up?

Things looked bad for Jesus when he was hanging on that cross, didnt it?

How did things look on the morning when He resurrected?

Just dont do it, AJ. Your future is not bleak...its glorious. You just cant see it now. There have been times in my life when things looked bleak. Reeeeeeally bleak. Times when things looked so bad that I thought for sure I was going to be penniless, on the street, eating at the Salvation Army or out of trash cans.

More than once.

But every time.....EVERY....SINGLE....TIME....God came through.

When?

Just in the nick of time. And I ALWAYS ended up in a MUCH better situation than before. And as a result of all of that, I have this incredible inner knowing, this incredible ((((CONFIDENCE)))) that my God...and yours...is indeed and awesomely Good and GREAT God and Father, and He really does LOVE ME...as unimaginable as that can seem sometimes.

And He really REALLY LOVES (((YOU))), and cares for you, and is going to COME THOUGH FOR YOU.

Dont do it AJ. I beg you. Dont do it.

Please feel free to send me a personal message any time.

God bless you.

:godisgood:

9. queenbee

queenbee Member

10. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Don't do it. Think about your son growing up without his daddy. l mean,
    life is hard enough as it is, but not having a father to look up to, is even
    worse. I lost my father at age 19 (he died of natural causes though), but
    often I wished he would've lived longer. I sure do miss him.

Be there for your son, you won't regret it. Ask God to get you out of the predicament you're currently in. Trust in Him.

My prayers are with you.

Audrey.

11. Sister

Sister New Member

You are loved, AJ. God loves you. Your son loves you and I love you. Things have happened...yes. I know you see no other way out. But, there is another way. Remember saying "I am going to do what's right... no matter what everyone else does"? Now is the time to take your own advice. You know that suicide isn't the answer. You need to face your problems head on. Deal with the consequences and you will be a better man. I know you don't want to... but, it is the only "right" thing to do.

My thoughts and prayers are with you daily.

PM me...please.

12. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

AJ -

I read most of the posts, more importantly I read your post. I must say, that my heart broke. I don't know you, any more than I know anyone else on this board. As much as my heart broke, I heard your cry. If I and many others like myself heard your cry, God did as well. God knows our thoughts, our intentions, our hearts.

No one can make all the arrangements needed in order to make certain of your sons future without his father. I gringe at the suggestion of making arrangements. I pray that you will read what these Christian women and men have stated, pray over these things and seek God's face through all of this.

How do you think your son will view you when you are no longer there? You have abandon him and left him alone to face this world and no one to hold his hand, pray with him at night, and guide him.

I know I left out a lot that was running through my mind, a lot more I could have said, but I am sure what I missed or failed to mention someone else already stated.

Kamron

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He has not been on since the 24th. :(

14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I noticed the same thing. I hope that does not mean bad news.

It is a sad situation. On the one hand, it is so sad that someone would be so down and depressed that they would feel this way.
    On the other hand it is really selfish.
    It is also a slap in the face of God and his sovereignty.

But we are all fallen and should have compassion.

I will pray that he will trust in God, even though he does not always understand.

15. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Has anyone found AJ's IP address and reported it to the authorities? There is a life in the balance here. I could give advice to AJ too but all that have posted here are right on and for me to add anything is adding to the clutter.

Administrators and Moderators should have the resource to report this. Get it done and save this man's life!

Mel

16. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Palatka, Roger said they are working on tracing the IP but it was on a public computer.
    Hopefully they will be able to contact someone

17. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Good thing. Although it is a public computer the authorities have ways to get the real ID. Pray for them to weed out the info in time for AJ's sake. :praying:

18. Alive in Christ

Annsni,

I'm not sure about this, but I think that all we can know from his post list is that he hasnt posted since this post on the 24th.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you look at a profile, it will show you the last activity on the board - even if they just stopped in to look. Of course that's assuming one logs in. I'm not sure what you can read when not logged in. But his profile says that he was last here the 24th.

20. Alive in Christ

Annsni...

OK. I didnt know about the "activity" thing...just the post list.

Someone can read without logging in, but the ads make it a real pain. Every time I've tried I only lasted about 30 seconds or so.

I sure hope AJ is ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.