1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Summarizing the Mistakes of Calvinism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you want outa the guy.....he is already doing alter calls? Should he renounce DoG in favor of Humanism? PLEASE!

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And here is the perspective skan wants you & I and all DoG believers to embrace

" salvation is accomplished through the combined efforts of God (who takes the initiative) & man (who must respond)---Mans response being the determining factor. "

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Humanism? Really?

I guess it appears that way to a person who thinks humans are no more than rocks made to cry out, in pain or in worship by their creator. :(

4. Skandelon

Sorry, this thread is way beyond the limit... feel free to start a new one. Here I'll repost your last post so you have the last word and won't accuse me of anything...

5. Skandelon

EW&F felt this last comment was unfair and so I'll clarify by saying that I realize HE would never characterize humans in this fashion, but neither should I be characterized as a 'humanist.' Both were 'cheap shots' and we should refrain from overstating the other's view to make it appear they are more 'extreme' than they actually are... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.