1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sunday School

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 1, 2014.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

See ya!!!! :wavey:

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many suggest discussion is merely pooled ignorance but I find if it is done right it is very beneficial though you cover less ground with it. There is a chance to offend, but if you get a question that might cause friction you can often ask what the class thinks and gain support for your view before you give it and it doesn't seem that you are as personal about the disagreement. Then again there are times when confrontation is needed.

One of the biggest errors is to allow a question to go unanswered.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We believe in home schooling

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL....add all of those Billy Grayham books and you got a holy fire.:thumbs:

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good...kids need to be raised up in the Lord with family.:thumbs:

7. preacher4truth

:laugh: :laugh: :thumbsup:

8. preacher4truth

Tell you what bro, when we visited church's they didn't get our baby girl to go drag off to some room. We kept her with us. You just never know these days, and I'm certain that other parents probably have the same feelings.

In fact we just had some p*rv*rt in a town north of us driving a church bus and got busted for having s*x with a young girl. Hang him.

I'm also not into letting some youth kid who is supposed to be cool doing activities with my kids, or others for that matter. That should save us a lot of youth director drama.

9. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

My pastor told us one time that if all the Bible we're getting is from his sermons,we're not getting enough. I agree.

Bible Study/Sunday School give us a different way of scripture study from sermons. Sunday School also proviides an organized outreach through the teachers.

10. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our church has numerous s/s classes for all ages. We have men's classes, women's classes, young couples classes, home builder classes, college age classes, children classes, teen classes, nursery, classes on various books of the Bible, etc. I love my ladies class. I've grown immensely in that class, and we share problems, prayer requests, accountability partners and more. I think s/s is an important part of any church.

#30 Baptist4life, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    evangelist6589

Thanks for the clarification.While I firmly believe the truth of God's free grace I believe we must be obedient to how the gospel is proclaimed to all men everywhere.
    Spurgeon believed these doctrines so strongly and yet was confident enough in the work of the Spirit that he spoke using language that Arminians would be happy with.
    If you have a follow up discussion with a person with a theological background then have at it.Good preaching preaches the exact doctrine we hold to using the language of scripture.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    we have adult sunday school, and also have teaching classes for ages K-8!

We tend to do themes, such as Gospel of John right now walking thru, and the children classes also follow along with adults theme....

sen pastor teaches adults, and more like a classroom setting, as he goes over section, than Q&A time each session!

13. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What books?

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes a masterpiece. I have Erickson's and Grudem's but am familiar with this one as well.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure about that one brother. He may be Arminian but this does not mean he does not write good books. Even RC Sproul has endorsed his books and also John MacArthur as well on certain topics. I have several Geisler books and they are decent. That said I DISAGREE with some of his views, but for evidential apologetics he is decent.

16. preacher4truth

I see. Could you show which portions of this book(s) are valid, and which are not? It's not all about 'writing good books', it's about being solid doctrinally and I don't see Geisler as being the latter.

17. Jacob_Elliott

Jacob_Elliott New Member

Lets see, all of Mounce's biblical greek books (my next side project), Kione greek reader by Decker, Biblical Greek by Zerwick, The God of Israel by O'Patterson(?), and I can choose one more but haven't found the right one.

18. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find discussion of Scripture and Biblical principles to be beneficial and I get something out of it that I don't get out of listening to a sermon.
    Although one of the people speaking at my church in the absence of a pastor will call for participation from the congregation sometimes.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, can use him and someone like a Josh mcDowell for apoligetic resources, but in strictly theology, far better to stick with those other 2 Grudem and erickson you also mentioned!