1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bears! Super Bowl!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Sep 8, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Super Bears!
    Super Bowl!
    Super Bears!
    Super Bowl!

Ok, ok, let's not get too carried away after 1 game.

But, man, what a game. That was the most fun I've had watching a Bears game since the NFC Championship Game win over New Orleans. The defense was excellent. Kyle Orton and his Neckbeard looked good. Matt Forte was fantastic. Devin Hester didn't get away with his attempt to lull the kickoff coverage team to sleep, but if that's your only flaw, then things are good. I'm practically giddy this morning.

So, how did your team do? Are you a Patriots fan on suicide watch now? Would anybody admit to being a Liedowns fan after a rookie QB and rookie head coach beat them? Are you a J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fan who now thinks, as I do, that the Jets have suddenly become the favorite to win the AFC East? Can the Steelers possibly play any better than they did yesterday?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, the Bengals played like the Bengals. Whatddya expect? I'm starting to wonder if they're just not cursed. Maybe when Carson Palmer gets healthy and a full cadre of WRs will be on the field things will be better. But what about the Defense? Rushing attack?

The other team I follow is the Titans. While that was a good win, you have to wonder how long the Vince Young experiment is going to go on. I think this guy is ok and may not get you beat, but he's no SB winning QB IMHO. He's Rex Grossman with a sidearm delivery.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The Bungles do have a curse and his name is Mike Brown. Until his ownership era is over, I really don't think the Bungles will ever be good again.

I think the job is his unless he's injured and I think that's the way it should be. I'm listening to John Clayton as I write this, and he was asked whether there are players in the locker room who think the Titans would be better with Kerry Collins and Clayton said, "I couldn't find one." Everybody, including Jeff Fisher, believes in Vince Young and I think they need to stick with him and I think they'll be rewarded for sticking with him. There's a lengthy list of QBs who struggled early in their career and overcame those struggles to become good. I think Vince will be on that list.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Re: Vincent Young

OTOH, there's this.