1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bowl coming to Arlington

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, May 23, 2007.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The super bowl is coming to arlington, TX in 2011! My prediction - this is the first of many, I think Arlington will be in the regular rotation. The stadium seats 100 - 120K, its covered, right in the middle of the DFW metromess!

hopefully we will be in the regular rotation!

2. MrJim

MrJim New Member

:) sorry, I saw Arlington and thought Virginia...

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The speculation is that the tickets are going to be sold face value about $900 - $1000. I intend to try to get a couple; will probably be a good investment. In last year's SB they reportedly going for $3000 to $5000 the week before.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

What is the weather like in DFW the first week in Feb? I remember during the 2001 Cotton Bowl there was sleet and freezing rain. Not appealing weather for all the accompanying activities. Then again, they have the Super Bowl in some northern cities at domed stadiums.

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The weather in N. central Texas is very unpredictable. It could be 75 degrees that day, or it could 15. If the prevailing winds have been from the southeast, the warm, humid Gulf air will predominate. If an arctic front has come down over the plains [the "blue norther"], there could be ice and snow.

My best estimate: within a 75% confidence interval, the temperature will be 38 to 65, relative humidity 45% to 62%. It's the southeast v. northwest winds, and their effects, which could bring anything. What a time and place for a tornado!

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

The new stadium will have a retractable roof - so the game will be ok. Typically the first week of Feb is temperate enough to play golf (for me that means temps above 45) The first couple weeks of Jan are very iffy - but we can have some nasty stuff that week as well. Hopefully Jerry will arrange some great weather for the NFL :)

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The game isn't the concern - it's all the extracurricular stuff that takes place and virtually supercedes the game anymore.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember this thread? The temperature was 75 last Thursday and Friday, but right now it's 13. On game day it should be mid to uppper 50's. But now there are 'rolling' power outages, and TV news is showing cars driving into fast-food drive-thrus not knowing there is no power to operate the sound, and attempting to buy fuel but the pumps won't work. Those weather risks were there, we knew. They may play a part in how long, or whether, this area gets another Super Bowl.

9. mets65

mets65 New Member

Did you end up getting tickets?

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, situations as they were, I couldn't give any thought to that profit-making venture.