1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bowl result

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Alcott, Jan 29, 2007.

?

Super Bowl result

Poll closed Feb 3, 2007.
  1. Indianapolis by 3 or less

4.2%
  2. Indianapolis by 4-7

20.8%
  3. Indianapolis by 8-13

20.8%
  4. Indianapolis by 14-20

12.5%
  5. Indianapolis by 21 or more

4.2%
  6. Chicago by 3 or less

8.3%
  7. Chicago by 4-7

8.3%
  8. Chicago by 8-13

20.8%
  9. Chicago by 14-20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Chicago by 21 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This that incredibly surprising poll.

2. mark brandwein

mark brandwein New Member

Manning will choke! Bears will win!:jesus:

3. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Bears defence will score at least 2 goals. :smilewinkgrin:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The key is for Manning to use up a lot of clock and keep the Bears' D on the field to wear them out, both physically and mentally with all of his hand motions and check offs. If he can do that, the Colts should win.

5. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Thats going to be hard for him, with all the fumbles and sacks. :wavey:

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

oh, i don't know...Colts by 17 sounds good to me.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Going into the playoffs, who had the most feared defense in the league, the Bears or the Ravens? Going into the playoffs, who had set a franchise record for fewest points allowed in the regular season, the Bears or the Patriots? The answer to both is not the Bears.

Leading 12-6 late in the 4th quarter of the Ravens game, the Colts went on a 12-play (11 run, 1 pass) drive that consumed over 7 minutes of the clock. This was against the most feared, and best, defense in the league. Against the Patriots, the Colts put up 38 points, 32 in the second half, and wore them out in the 2nd half. If the Ravens and Patriots couldn't stop Indianapolis, I don't see how the Bears will do it.

You say that the Bears will force some turnovers. Possibly. But, the Colts aren't the Saints. The Saints were able to move the ball, which made this Bears fan very nervous once the Saints made it a 16-14 game. Of course, I was already nervous the way the Seahawks were able to move the ball. I tried so hard to avoid yelling at the TV during the Hawks game, but was largely unsuccessful. However, I don't think the Saints were prepared for the ferocity of the Bears trying to rip the ball away from them. The Colts will be prepared for this. I don't think Manning throws any passes to the Bears and the Colts lose maybe 1 fumble, if that. On the flip side, I don't think Grossman will throw any picks and that the Bears won't fumble it at all.

Dallas Clark has been one of Manning's favorite weapons in the playoffs, but I think Urlacher and Briggs will nullify him to a large extent. I look for a big game from Harrison and/or Wayne as the Colts exploit the Bears weakness at safety. I think the Bears will be able to put a bit of pressure on the Colts, but it won't be all day, and Manning has seen heavy blitzes before. Blitzes won't bother him too much.

When the Bears have the ball, I believe they'll be able to move it effectively and I think they'll be able to score. They will have to open up the offense so that the Colts can't stack 8 in the box, but Grossman throws a great deep ball and I think he'll connect with a speedster like Berrian enough to keep the Colts safeties down the field. Although the Colts have been very good at stuffing the run in the playoffs, I think the Bears will be able to run the ball effectively. Thomas Jones will run for over 100 yards.

On special teams, the Colts had better have fixed their kickoff coverage or Hester is going to score at least once on a kickoff return. I suspect that they have fixed it, but Hester will score anyway. If it comes down to the kicking game, Vinatieri has the experience of hitting huge kicks in the Super Bowl, but Robbie Gould is no stranger to pressure kicks either.

I'm completely torn about this game. I like Peyton Manning, but I've been a Bears fan since I was a kid. I think we're looking at a shootout and that Grossman is going to have a fantastic game. I think both the Colts and the Bears have an edge on offense vs. the respective defenses. I think the Bears have a big edge in special teams and that special teams will make the difference. I think the game will be a nail-biter and be called one of the best Super Bowls of all-time. Although, the specter of more Vinatieri heroics looms over this game.

Colts 37 Bears ... No, wait. Sorry. Although I won't be that upset if Manning wins, I can't pick against my team.

Bears 40 Colts 37

Of course, if the Colts blow the Bears away, pretend that I didn't write any of this. :smilewinkgrin:

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think this is something everybody would find mildly interesting.

Before the NFC Championship Game, every single ESPN genius picked the Saints to win. It was an 80-20 split on the CNNSI geniuses, most of whom picked N'Awlns also.

This time, it's the ESPN geniuses who are split (most taking Indy), and the CNNSI geniuses are all picking the Colts. I'm not sure what this means, but I thought everybody would want to know this. :smilewinkgrin:

9. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

ahhh why mess with a good thing. Let everyone keep picking against the Bears....