1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Super Bowl Sunday

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by dh1948, Dec 14, 2004.

1. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Super Bowl Sunday is coming up Feb. 5th. In the past I have received promotional material regarding a ministry that provides a packaged program that a church can use for an evangelistic event on Super Bowl night. It includes an evangelistic testimony video that can be shown during halftime. I don't recall receiving one this year. Can't seem to locate the site on the web. Can anyone offer me any help? (Please, spare me the lectures about the evils of having a Super Bowl Sunday Night outreach.)

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

dh1948! I am moving your post to the Sports section of our forums. After review of your content---I feel that you will get better positive response there. With the move to the Sports forum---I also believe you can avoid those "unnecessary" posts that you mentioned.

Blackbird

3. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for moving the post. Sorry I posted to the wrong thread. I had never scrolled down far enough to even realize there was a sports topic. Hopefully, someone will be able to help. Thanks again.

4. kgtr

kgtr New Member

go to fca.org for a superbowl halftime package featuring a testimony by Kurt Warner and other materials.

5. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you for the information.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My son used it for the past 6 years and it is GREAT stuff. After service, the youth would head to a home for the S'bowl, pizza feed and this at halftime.

With Tivo you can have service (if you've a mind to; we always have our church annual meeting and dinner and NO evening service) and no miss a play in the game. As long as some jokester doesn't listen to the game on the radio and spoil it. Usually about an hour off from live, but without commercials you can "catch up" after half.

I was there a year ago. 100+ teens and 20+ adults having a ball AND a great Gospel message.