1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Support for the Right for Adam and Steve to Wed Grow in California...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Feb 29, 2012.

?
  1. Yes...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Never...

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. I know some, who have become more open and tolerant of same-sex marriage...

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. As long as the Bible is against it. so am I...

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  5. Maybe some day (see my comment as to why I said this)...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I would leave my church if they accepted same sex marriage...

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Pretty basic to me on this!

God instituted marriage directly, for the betterment of the family/society, and jesus confirmed that it was intended for ONLY one man and one woman!

NO verses in bible support homosexual lifestyle , nor a marriage between same sex!

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Benjamin, I haven't quite made it through your whole post yet. So I'm responding only to the idea that I'm getting that you believe it's okay to "legislate" morality in this instance (that of homosexual marriage) because God instituted marriage. I believe God instituted marriage between man and woman for His own purposes as well. But,

We live in America. And in America there are a variety of differents peoples all with different beliefs. Who are we to force what is essentially our moral/religious beliefs onto people who don't agree with us?

You say we do this all the time after all we put murderers in jail. And that's true, its a red herring, but its true. But in the case of murderers the majority vote in this country agrees to do this. The same majority has decided to make the death penalty scarce. And those in the minority, well a good majority of minority owns a gun and can protect themselves! There is also the issue of harm. Murder causes harm. Who does same s*x marriage harm except perhaps the two people involved? How can we measure any potential harm caused by such?

Some things are the business of society. Other things simply wouldn't be an issue if one group wasn't trying to impose their views on another.

We are all up in the air because Obama is trying to force Catholics to pay for birth control for their employees and we should be. But while we are trying to keep and expand our rights in this nation, we are trying to limit the rights of others. Is this something that we as Christian Americans ought to be doing, or is it going to backfire and cause eventual repression of OUR rights? (<---the last is my opinion)

We have created a nation of Christ haters because we consistantly tried to force people to our way. And to a certain extent we succeeded. But we forced servitude on a people who didn't share our beliefs and now they are rebelling in all sorts of directions. This is just one of them. What good have we done? What good will it do in the future to harden hearts against Christ by forcing our views on unbelievers? Or are we digging our own grave of intolerance because we can't live and let live.

I thought we were supposed to be "salt and light", but it seems we are trying to clean up the outside of people without them ever knowing what it means to be clean on the inside.