1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Supreme Court Kills D.C. Hand Gun Ban

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jun 26, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with such a requirement. People still can't walk down the street legally carrying a machine gun. I don't have a problem with that restriction, either.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Yep, my husband's been eyeing one of those too. He'll have to eye it a while longer for the very same reason!

My fav handgun is his .44 Magnum (think Dirty Harry). Smooth as silk! I can't handle it anymore because of my arthritis, but it's still a lovely weapon.

3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Two things I find DSTURBING about this SCOTUS out come:

1) It was a 5 to 4 decision to acknowledged our right to self protection, when it should have been unanimous, in light of the Constitution. (Our constitution which the simplicity of its construction made it so plain for the understanding of all the people........ takes the SCOTUS over 150 pages to write their 'opinion' and present references for their decision and debate.)

Amendment II
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

2) The manner in which the SCOTUS presented their opinion: "We've" given the people the right to bear arms. (The truth is that the SCOTUS did not give us that right: Nor did the Constitution of the US give us that right: The truth is that we get our rights from God, which the first 10 ammendments specify for the sake of understanding and protection.)

The Declaration of the United States of America and The Constitution are to be taken together: The former is a statement establishing the necessity, intent, general purpose and goals of the formation of a new organization for governance and the philosophical et. al basis upon which it is established. The latter is the platform of organization which is built upon the foundation and the ceiling, provided by the the former, develops and creates the structure of law which establishes the body in which we are all joined together within our states and country.

Note:
    for one people..............<snip>...........to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them

This reflects both the observance and belief in the order established in nature and in a sovereign supreme being which so design it.

Regarding the right to bear arms and nature's simplicity in design:
    A rabbit, out foraging for his food is vunerable to attack from a predator or hunter: God has given it legs to run to safety. If it is successful in making it to its den........ try sticking your hand in after it...... The tools it has for self preservation, i.e. a serious bite and strong kicking feet, are often sufficient to discourage the most formidable adversary.

God has given us an order in our home, and a man that doesn't provide for his family (this implies a person who has ability but refuses to exercise it) is worse than an infidel! Provision for one's family includes necessities..... and includes providing protection against those foes which may cause harm or injury.

#23 windcatcher, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008