1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Supreme Court Upholds Gay Marriages

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Yeshua1, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I've always thought this was a bit far fetched. All you got to do is say no. Let me recommend some folks who may be able to help you though.

Shoot, I won't marry two people who are living together. And neither the government nor a lawsuit can make me.

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

People don't have any use for Jesus or any use for salvation or any use for the gospel until they know they are a sinner. Saved from what? Why should they trust in Jesus or want to hear the gospel if they have nothing to be saved from or see no reason they are going to hell?

I hope you are not part of that group that denies repentance is necessary to believe in the gospel????? Gospel repentance means "a change of mind" and sinners need their minds changed from UNBELIEF to BELIEF. They need their wills changed from resistance to submission. They need their hearts changed from the love of darkness to the love of light.

God is the author of both Law and Grace and God is not the author of confusion. The proper use of the law does not repudiate grace but necessitates grace as the law reveals the need for salvation, the need for a Savior.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Right now, churches are being threatened by the government to lose their tax emption status if they preach on the moral issues of gay marriage, abortion, etc. Are you not following the ISIS Islamic debate right now?? Government is now in the process of determining and defining proper religious teaching and improper religious teaching around whether or not it motivates people to take hateful actions but also "hate speech" that motivates hateful attitudes. Gays are already complaining of hate speech by Christians.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I am 100% against two people of the same sex getting married because BIBLICALLY, it's impossible.

But are swingers considered perverts? They are "married. Scripture addresses some sexual perversions in 1 Cor. 6: 9

Or do you not know that the unrighteous2 will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

Have we made the same fuss about idolaters and adulterers or those involved in any of the other things considered to be sexual perversion being involved in marriage?

When will we come to realize that it's futile judging this behavior OUTSIDE the church? Deal with the sin of those inside the church and understand that lost people do things that lost people do. Share the Gospel with them and point them to Christ.

There really is no reason to be any more upset about the homosexual offense than there is about a person telling a lie.

We tend to too often take the focus off Jesus and place it upon how we feel. And that will ALWAYS be the wrong approach.

The basic institutions that you hold dear are NOT eternal. People's souls are. Suck it up and live in such a way that points the lost to Christ instead of getting caught up about things that will die with this dying world.

There's just something missing in this statement. May be it's the compassion again of someone who has been forgiven. Why is there an argument about folks sinning? Have we just discovered that sinners do things that go against God's commands?

The way to combat that is to not make a big deal about a particular sin or issue, but to make a big deal about the person who is lost needing a relationship with our Savior.

Who cares if they think it's okay? What would or should that have to do with us desperately wanting to point them to Christ and salvation?

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ain't that what a marriage license is, bud?

6. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

I was referring to a Biblical instance of it happening. It got cut off with replies.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Okay. Here's the problem. Say you convince somebody that their homosexual sin is a sin. That's not going to save them. They have committed more than just the homosexual offense.

it is incumbent that the Body of Christ deal with people repenting for ALL of their sins, not just our pet specific sins. You don't have to convince them of anything about homosexuality to show them they are a sinner in need of a Savior.

My gosh. What on earth would give you that idea? have I even hinted at such a blasphemy?

Yes but that does not hinder on convincing them about ONE sin.

Absolutely. But folks have been authoring a lot of confusion by focusing on winning an argument about homosexuality as opposed to pointing people to Christ and salvation.

If you can point them to Christ and repentance for all of their sin, the Holy Spirit can work in their lives about anything they may not get about one particular sin.

We must not confuse ourselves or them into thinking that being right about homosexual sex is gonna point them to Christ or save them.

You share the Gospel to point them to repentance of ALL of their sin and that simply does not require focusing on ONE sin.

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So? Suck it up and pay the taxes and keep preaching the Gospel.

So? Go to jail if you have to but don't shrink from preaching the Gospel.

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did God prohibit Homosexual marriages unions, as he defined marriage as ONLY a man and a woman for all times?

And did God judge unbelievers who violated that or not?

Is it right morally, or a sin. as per God?

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which mans to homosexual and lesbians that God calls their lifestyles sinning, and that he will forgive them as sinners by Christ, but once saved, sin no mor ein that way, correct?

is THAT your message to them?

11. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

There is a general presumption made when speaking of Sodom and Gomorrah, that focuses on homosexuality as the major sin. It is the obvious target for the unlearned Christian to attack because it works well with those who prefer to use the law to bring repentance.

Ezekeiel 16:49-50:"Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen."

God states clearly that he destroyed Sodom's sins because of their pride, their excess of food while the poor and needy suffered; sexual activity is not even mentioned. Yet homosexuality is a result of any dying culture. Yes it is bad, but something else precedes it that God hates as well but we never speak of. Pride and arrogance are the American way. Our bill of rights are more important than denying ourselves to be more like Him. We think our constitution is the Kingdom of God. It is not. Not even close. The U.S. got blessed after WW2 and became a very fat, "I want it now" people. Idleness of time is proven. We are the inventor of modern entertainment to cure our boredom. Excuses are made to justify ignoring the poor by charging them as lazy. In most traditional mindsets the poor need to earn our sympathy. We have caused the very reasons homosexuality has blossomed, and still blindly focus our efforts on repealing laws that will never cure the disease. This will be our fall.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who do not do their own study and have an agenda will often miss the primary sin of Soddom.

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

13. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Those who do not do their own study and have an agenda will often miss the root cause of the primary sin of Soddom.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That self-centered sin (pride) was evident in a filthy/perverted sexual side. Cannot divorce the two.

Rom 1 speaks of "turning" God's plan (man/woman) into their own plan (man/man, woman/woman). Replacing God's way with ours, elevating self above God and His Word, is the evil of Satan.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust none will get lost finding this thread - it had to be moved since it was certainly not a "Baptist" topic, but one of political/current events.

:godisgood:

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Huh? Why would God prohibit homosexual unions? There's no such thing.

violated what? Something that doesn't exist?

Is what morally a sin?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My message to them is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't care what sin they are committing. I just want them to recognize that they are sinners in need of salvation.

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The whole gay marriage thing is not about marriage. It's about money.

I don't care what they do. No one will ever convince me a gay union is sanctified by God and that they are not living in sin.

Let 'em, have their money. It won't buy them a ticket to heaven.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it's about money or not. I do know it is a distraction from us focusing on preaching the Gospel and seeing folks saved.

And I know the enemy likes that.

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

So, according to your logic there is no starting place, no singular sin to start with in convincing them they are sinners in general. However, general sin cannot be proven until you first prove they have sinned singularly! Try telling people they are sinners in general without providing specific instances IN THEIR LIFE? According to your logic, there can be no convincing of sin at all, because you deny one can begin with a particular sin to prove they are sinners. If you cannot begin with a particular sin, you have no basis to prove they are sinners at all. Think about it before responding.