1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sure to all the Seed !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Fred's Wife

Fred's Wife Member

That's not an excuse...it's the truth. Since your verses were all out of context, the truth which you claim they show is not discernible. YOU are also accountable to God because hyper calvinism is not the Truth and this is what you are teaching. That is deception.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

fw

Yes it is, you are rejecting the word of God !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Give thee A Covenant of the People !

Isa 42:6

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

This is a prophecy of Jesus Christ in His Covenant Mission from the Father, and the promise is that He is given for a Covenant for the People, for a light of the gentiles ! See also Isa 49:8 !

Now Christ being given as a Covenant for the People means that He is the one who fulfills all the stipulations and conditions of the Covenant in order to the people reaping the benefits of it, in order that those benefits shall be Sovereignly applied to them ! One such benefit is to give them Spiritual Illumination and Faith. As here Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Also we are the Children of the Covenant and Prophets !

Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

The Children of the Covenant, who are they ? The same as the Children of promise, as Isaac was Gal 4:28

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

Note: Paul is addressing both jew and gentile believers in Christ ! See Gal 3:29 too !

Now these Children of the Covenant are also called the Children of the the prophets, so they are both as well as the Children of promise. What Prophet are they the Children of ? I take it to be Abraham who by God was called a Prophet Gen 20:7

7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

And David who was also a Prophet Acts 2:29-30

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

And to the former [Abraham] God had made a promise to bless his children or offspring Gen 17:1-8

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. See Heb 6:13-14

3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,

4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.

7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

And we see in the promise that his his [Abraham] children and offspring consisted in many nations vs 5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Which reference is made by Peter in his sermon in the text we are now posting Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Also see Gen 12:3

Also as children of the offspring of David the Prophet, God made specific promises to Ps 89:1-4;28-36

Also it should be made aware that the children of the covenant that Peter does mention are not by no means restricted to ethnic jews, though Peter no doubt at that time thought so, but it pertained also to peoples of other nations !

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Also we are the Children of the Covenant and Prophets ! Pt 2

As stated earlier, we know that the Children of the Covenant and Prophets Peter mentions in Acts 3:25

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Now Peter quotes the same as Paul does when speaking directly about the Gentiles here Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen or gentiles through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Folks this confirms without doubt that both believing jews and believing gentiles are Children of the Covenant and of the Prophets. Whoever does not see this, I'm afraid God has left you in blindness of heart and mind, which is not a good sign of Salvation but perdition. Now what does the coming of Christ accomplish for all these children of the Covenant ? Because Christ has fulfilled all the conditions of this Covenant, by shedding His Blood, God shall bless every last one of them and turn them away from their sins, which means they all shall be converted as per Acts 3:26

26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you,[ in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Yes, for one to turn from their iniquities means they have experienced the fruit and effects of Christ's Redemptive Blood. Yes, each one of the children of the Covenant will be given conversion !

It here began historically with some ethnic jews and then proceeded out into the Nations to gather in Abraham's seed in them according to the Promises Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
    The blessing is Redemptive Conversion !

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Gal 3:14

That Paul, a saved ethnic jew, and the gentiles that he wrote to that were converted to Christ as he was, he identifies himself with them [ converted Gentiles] in receiving the Promise of the Spirit through Faith. Gal 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

The Blessing of Abraham, notice he writes " That we may receive" n! You know why he writes it like that ? Because He knows that both believing jews and Gentiles are the Seed that God promised that He would pour out His Spirit on as foretold here Isa 44:3

3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

This is according to the Faith taught in Scripture Gen 12:3

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Thats the Blessing, the Spirit given to the Seed that benefits from the Redemptive Work of Christ, the Seed of Abraham Gal 3:13-16

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The World that God so Loved and Gave Himself for !

Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The World here that God so Loved and gave His Son in behalf of, is a very specific World, for in the original the world is preceded by the definite article, indicating it is a definite specific world !

"Outwv gar hgaphsen (5656) o qeov ton kosmon, "

We clarify this because there is a specific world that Christ did not give Himself for Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

egw peri autwn erwtw; (5719) ou peri tou kosmou

This World is obvious different from the one that He gave Himself in Behalf of !

The World that God so Loved, and that Christ Loved and Gave Himself for, is the World of His Church Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

We understand this because those whom God Loved in Jn 3:16, Christ also Loved in Eph 5:25, and Christ Himself is God.

In the original its the Church with the definite article:

Oi andrev, agapate (5720) tav gunaikav, kaqwv kai o Xristov hgaphsen (5656) thn ekklhsian kai eauton paredwken (5656) uper authv,

You see the word world [kosmos] has various meanings, one of which is:

an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government
    ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:
    the world, the universe
    the circle of the earth, the earth
    the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family
    the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ
    world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly
    the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ
    any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)
    of believers only, John 1:29; 3:16; 3:17; 6:33; 12:47 1 Cor. 4:9; 2 Cor. 5:19

The Church is a World because it falls under the definition of world here as a collection of particulars. In this case it is a collection of the called out ones ! The word Church in the original is ekklēsia Ek means out of and kaleō to call, the called out ones as in Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

a gathering of citizens called out from their homes into some public place, an assembly

an assembly of the people convened at the public place of the council for the purpose of deliberating

the assembly of the Israelites = World

any gathering or throng of men assembled by chance, tumultuously
    in a Christian sense

an assembly of Christians gathered for worship in a religious meeting

a company of Christian, or of those who, hoping for eternal salvation through Jesus Christ, observe their own religious rites, hold their own religious meetings, and manage their own affairs, according to regulations prescribed for the body for order's sake

those who anywhere, in a city, village, constitute such a company and are united into one body

the whole body of Christians scattered throughout the earth
    the assembly of faithful Christians already dead and received into heaven

So, all of the called out ones from among the jews and gentiles, that form the Church, is the World that God Loved and gave His Son for, and the World that the Son Loved and gave Himself for, that He :

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Thats how they become Believers. And technically, that is What John 3:16 is saying, that God gave His Son for those Believing, pretty simple, all who believe in Him is whom He gave Himself for, and they constitute a World !

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jesus gives Life to the World !

Jn 6:33

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

The Lord Jesus Christ's coming into the World was by Covenant engagement,m the Everlasting Covenant, the results of which would be to give life unto the World, this is not a offer of life, nor is it merely making life available if only we would accept it or no, but it is a communication of Life, and that a Spiritual Life, a Covenant Life as Per Mal 2:5

My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.

John Gill says of this verse:

This Covenant Life of ours was with and in Christ from the beginning Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

1 Jn 1:1-2

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

Now the basis for all whom this Life belonged to, and of them receiving of it, was His giving His Life in the stead of theirs Jn 6:51

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Christ giving His Life by Covenant arrangement, entails that those He died it in behalf of, that they receive Life, [a communication or quickening] Life from Him !

9. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

First, you are misquoting scripture when you say it "BY faith so that it might be BY grace". The scripture does not say that. It says it is "OF [ek] faith that it might be BY [kata] grace."

The preposition "ek" refers to its source - "out of" whereas "kata" means it is in "keeping with" or "according to" grace.

What is "out of" faith? The previous verses declare it is "the promise" to be "heir." An heir is the LEGAL son. We are "justified by faith" which provides the source of LEGAL position for adoption.

Justifying faith is THE WORK OF GOD (Jn. 6:29,44-45,64-65; Heb. 12:2) and God's WORK of Redemption is called GRACE in the Bible. It is GOD'S WORK because Ephesians 2:10 says so explicitly "For we are HIS WORKmanship"! This is the explanation for why it is "not of works" in verse 9. This is the explanation for why it is "not of yourselves" in verse 8. This is the explanation why it is a "gift of God" in verse 8. These are all explanations of the PARAPHRASTIC PHRASE "by grace are ye saved through faith" in verse 8 which is a further explanation of "saved by grace" in verse 5 which in turn is explanatory of "quickened" in verses 5 and 1.

The PARAPHRASTICE PHRASE "by grace are ye saved through faith" contains two verbs, the first is a perfect tense verb that points back to a COMPLETED ACTION that continues completed. The perfect tense is then joined with a present tense to be verb which emphasizes the ongoingness of that completed action. "Through faith" demands the inclusion of faith in that action completed at that point in time. Quickening is the action (vv. 1, 5, 10a) and is the workmanship of God as a CREATIVE action but it is a quickening that occurred IN CONJUNCTION WITH faith.

Now, you can scream, pout, shout, deny all you like, but the context and contextual grammatical facts will support this interpertation regardless of your reactions.

#29 The Biblicist, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So Faith is conditioned by Grace, and not the other way around as the false christian world would tell us.

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You need to reread what I said. Legal adoption originates out of faith and faith is "according to" Grace. I did not say Grace is according to faith.

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I do not need to reread anything, the fact still remains:

So Faith is conditioned by Grace, and not the other way around as the false christian world would tell us.

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You, Moriah, Seve are all one in kind - bent minds.

#33 The Biblicist, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  14. billwald

billwald New Member

In English, "seed" can be plural or singular.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    paul said that Abraham's seed was yeshua the messiah!

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

And who did Paul say was Abraham's Seed in Gal 3:29 ?