1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Surprising anti-life argument

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I can't find the article again. Hopefully someone else read it on the news, but the concept is stuck in my mind. Perhaps it is a known argument, but it most definitely is the first I've heard of it. When I read it, my jaw dropped at the depths people will go to in order to defend abortion.

The argument against "life begins at conception" included that it must not be ruled as such. The reason given that shocked me? That doctors will have to start refusing to in vitro fertilization for fear of being sued if the pregnancy is lost.

What a sick way to try to force couples who struggle to conceive into being afraid to vote pro-life!

I'm not for in vitro, but appear to be in the very small minority when it comes to that subject. Most other believers I know of do not have a problem with it and many have taken advantage of this technology. That is stated only to point out that even as someone who isn't for that use of science, I find it appalling that the pro-abortion people are using the heartbreak and struggle of others to further their horrible cause by by telling hurting people that what could be their only chance at conceiving a child will likely be taken away if it is ruled that life begins at conception.

Have others read this article or heard this argument before?

2. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Interesting! But the problem with this is that this is not an argument of when the baby becomes a human, it only lists a complication doctors have if life was defined at conception. Yet, I find it interesting.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member