1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Survey: One Man

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you think about Jack Chick and his comics - strongest advocates of the new KJVO doctrine?

Jack Chick - Defender of the Truth?

Jack Chick - Misguided Soul Winner?

Jack Chick - Spawn of Satan?

(Trust you will find OTHER words - that's why this is not a poll and you have to select from the three titles I've seen attributed to him!!)

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Jack Chick - strong believer in what he THINKS is the truth. Unfortunately, so are mormons, JW's, muslims, catholics, etc. What, not that I necessarily put him in that same group.

3. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

I'd go with the second one.

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

The second one

5. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I'm sure that Jack Chick sins daily, just like you and I, but his comics have lead many people to the Lord. For that I say Amen and glory to God. What are you trying to get to Dr. Bob?

6. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Jack Chick means Jack Hyles. [​IMG] However some comic tracts are good for soul-winning method. I use 2 tracts of Chick tracts for soul-winning. :D

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Somewhere between two and three. The Bible's gospel seems a bit different than the easy believism "just decide" kinda gospel Chick shares.

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just feeling out the BB members on the man and his comics. They come up from time to time in both the evangelism aspect and the bible versions aspect.

I have never read a single one (and think I'm pretty up-to-date on them) with which I agreed. And some are just so full of hate and error that they sicken me.

Some of the "onlies" actually believe his comicbook version of the KJV story (he's deep into the sect) and that is truly sad.

But one of my friends called Chick "spawn of satan" and I thought, Wow - is that a typical attitude?

Hence I ask.

That's all [​IMG]

9. mioque

mioque New Member

Recently I almost was subjected to churchdiscipline thanks to Chick. I had accessed his site from the churchlibrary computer and the next person using it discovered I had visited a website called www.chick.com and immediatly assumed I had been looking at the naked 'ladies'. [​IMG]

Jack Chick is a joke.
    The only copies of his Dark Dungeons (anti-D&D) pamphlet ever to reach Dutch shores were those imported by D&D gamers to share the humor with their fellow gamers (and to show to some concerned parents who immediatly understood D&D was nothing to worry about after reading it)!

10. Michael Hobbs

Michael Hobbs New Member

I would put Bro. Chick between 1 and 2 in the poll.

Not a single one??
    You don't agree with A Love Story or Somebody Loves Me ? :confused:
    I can understand that you may not agree with him on the issue of MV but not to agree with him on anything is truly amazing. :eek:

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did not say EVERYTHING he wrote was wrong or I disagreed with it. Just that there wasn't a single comic with which I could agree.

All of them have some compromise of truth or position of extreme lunacy that I just could not use them.

Most extreme were the ones FOR the KJV and AGAINST the RC. Errors throughout compromise any usefulness.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even apart from the accuracy of the data, and I'm not exactly sure why, but I never could take his publications seriously.

HankD

13. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

While I don't agree with everything that Chick says, I do think that he offers many very good tracts. I especially like "This Was Your Life."

14. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

Dr. Bob, what's wrong with being against the RCC? The Lord Jesus Christ hates the doctrines of the Roman Catholic church. When Jack Chick exposes the errors of the RCC, he is just obeying the Word of God on that matter.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

15. Forever settled in heaven

in his mail, he said he was against the EXTREMISM in going against the RCC n for the KJB. there's a diff between that n merely being against the RCC--can u figure the diff?

one example, for Chick's KJBO extremism, might be his theory abt Jesuit infiltration that got the Apocrypha into the 1611 KJB (if i remember correctly, in a comic book called SABOTAGE).

his false portrayal of Westcott n Hort might be another.

for the RCC bits, i'll leave it for those who've done better research. my guess is that some of the Alberto stories might be questioned.

is it right to do wrong (e.g. to lie) in to get a chance to do right? if so, Chick might himself be guilty of Jesuit casuistry--woo hoo!

16. Anti-Alexandrian

AMEN!!!!!!

I know your position on the KJB;but do you commiserate with the RCC???

17. Forever settled in heaven

AMEN!!!!!!

I know your position on the KJB;but do you commiserate with the RCC???
    </font>[/QUOTE]i don't think u geddit.

it's extremism like this--without the truth n often w outright lies--that destroys one's credibility. (remembering who's the father of lies)

here's possibly an example of a fruit of untruthful anti-RCCism: http://ic.net/~erasmus/RAZ343.HTM

MORE: http://www.cornerstonemag.com/pages/show_page.asp?228

http://suewidemark.com/catholic/jack_chickwhois.htm

http://www.insolitology.com/topten/jackchick.htm

http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/religion/Jack_Chick/

http://www.losangelesmission.com/ed/articles/2001/1201sf.htm

hmm, perhaps Jack Chick is a secret Vatican agent doublecrossing ppl fr RCCism into KJBOism! how'bout that for a theory? [​IMG]

if winning at all costs is ur concern, n not the truth or the glory of God, then we have little in common.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The JW organization is against the Church of Rome.

One has to weigh both what an organization is for as well as against to make a proper discernment as to their sprituality.

HankD

19. TWade

TWade New Member

Are your fingers too tired to type out complete words, or are you missing letters on your keyboard?