1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Survival Quest

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Aaron, Oct 8, 2001.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Survival Quest is a Christian/home school curriculum that I am using in my youth Sunday school class. It is easily adaptable for Sunday school instruction. I merely teach each topic per month instead of per week. It has 107 lessons, so one purchase will get you two years of Sunday school, and since it's not dated you can use it again with the next group.

Make sure you buy a student's edition to keep new so that when it goes out of print you can copy the worksheets.

I was tired of the hyped-up instruction styles and the shallow content of the LifeWay Sunday school literature. Since there are those in our congregation that are wary of publications from other resources, in deference to their consciences I stayed withing the LifeWay forum and found this excellent curriculum.

There are no games to play, but it lends itself to lively discussions, and the youth love it. I keep them involved by letting volunteers write notes on the overhead or bulletin boards. I do the study questions as a group.

FYI