1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Survivor

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by C.S. Murphy, Mar 5, 2003.

1. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

I love Survivor, my family watches it each week, as does many of my Church family. I was dissapointed in the bathing scene last week but actually each Survivor has had something similar but has not actually shown anything. Is it perfect? NO but I think it paints a good picture of human nature. I actually compare the show to the interaction between Pastors and church members, you have to be careful or you will be voted out . We especially loved the Survivor Outback, my son and I would carry the TV out side and build a fire and watch the show. As to my neglect of scripture I must agree with Dr. Bob that this board may be just as much to blame. Does anyone else here enjoy the show? Any thought about who will win? Will the tribes merge? Do you like this one better/worse than the ones before?
    Murph

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all can get "blind sided" by partial nudity, filthy language etc on shows where we DON'T expect it. Fact of TV life.

But on "Survivor" and you don't expect it? That's naive.

But will try to bring up the parallel between the show and my church at the next elder's meeting and see what they think!! :eek:

One vote against all of this unreal "reality" TV [​IMG]

3. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Thanks for the reply Dr. Bob. I reposted the questions I had asked and reread my post but could not find my request for someone to pass judgement on me, but thanks anyway.

Murph

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Murph, wasn't judging YOU or anyone who watches that. Just stating the obvious that when one watches it (and the partial nudity, etc) one just shouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes:

And if you think I'm going to let you know what I'M watching so you can pass judgment . . . :eek: :eek: :eek: