1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Susan

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Rippon, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here are some extracts from one of my adult students (before I made corrections to her assignment).

Someone close to you is in pain,paralyzed and will die within a month. He begs you to give him poison so that he can die.Would you? What if he were your father?

No,I would not. No matter how awful is pain is,no matter how heartbreaking it is to see him suffering from pain. Because a man's life is not in a man's hand and in God's hand. Just as God gives us a life,God also,calls us in His ways and in His time. this is not the matter that we can control. There is a bible verse which is that "...Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away..."(Job 1:21,NIV) Therefore I could not complain why my beloved on should suffer from the pain in the last part of his life in this earth. If it is God's will, then I should obey Him and I could not interrupt Him even though the person who is in pain is my father. The only thing I can do is just to pray to God for letting me understand why this happens to him,

If you could take a one-month trip anywhere in the world and money were not a consideration,where would you go and what would you do?

[I'll just qote her last sentence]

Moreover i want to visit some places to commemorate one of the frontiers of the Reformation,John Calvin.