1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SWBTS in Financial Trouble?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Jimmy C, Sep 16, 2004.

1. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Very nice stuff, PJ. I've just converted our youth web page to a blog-style page, and it's made updating it a ton easier. Now, I want to start my own blogger. If I could only find the time...

2. Anleifr

Anleifr New Member

Theodrama is not completely accurate. The remodeling of the SWBTS president's house, including a library and a newly added guest room is what is costing and estimated $100,000. Not just the library.

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Do you believe everything that you read on Internet? Ever hear of Internet hoaxes? There's all kind of trash out there. The Internet is a great way to puff your gripe. Just look up StormFront on Google and you'll get an eye full. Ever think about verifying this through the SWBTS PR office?

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

1. No I do not believe everything on the internet
    2. The biggest hoax perpetrated on SWBTS is Pope Paige
    3. I have personally seen the letter, from a student whose account was current but the financial office had misapplied the funds.
    4. do you really thing the PR office would own up to this? While you are at it, ask the PR office if it is true that the professors are having to teach additonal hours for no increase in pay - PP then turns around and hires a chaplain with his own financial issues.

Hemphill had plenty of room in the house with a wife and daughters - why is PP adding a new room, not enough room in his office for another giraffe that he killed?

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

just a quick update...we recently had two tree removed around the fish pond/prayer garden to have two large bronze monuments erected.

The first is a six foot tall globe sitting on top of two open Bibles with Scripture verses.

The second is a life sized bronze cast of Jesus washing someone's feet (or someone washing Jesus' feet...I haven't been able to look closely.)

Maybe these have been in storage for several years?

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Preach

I have tried to log into the Theodrama blog the past couple of days and it seems to be gone? I also noticed your blog to the "watchers"

Has Nic been forced to remove his blog?

7. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

uh...can I say no comment and be granted grace

8. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Yes you can - I think I have a pretty good clue after reading one of the bloggers sites that link off of yours.

I would hope that Nic is being granted grace as well, but I know the adminsitration is not fond of him at all.

ya gotta love free speech

9. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Will they have the name of the donor on it too? Sounds like some Baptist Mormons to me. Baptist in theology but gotta have a good image. Good image is important to have people come so you can mislead them in their ignorance. I wonder that B.H. Carroll would have thought?

Seems like people are saying today they are not getting very good pastors in their churches. But it seems that they are not getting very good leadership either.