1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Swelling not growing!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Luke2427, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Ive said ....already had my heart bypass & the Zocor is working fine...LOL

Along those lines, for those of us who have undergone the pain & months of recuperation from a zipper installment. You need to check out the Mayo Clinic for bypass ops. 1/2 hour noninvasive surgery. Actually that isn't funny. I saw that on the "Dylan Ratigan Show" bus tour/ visit to the Mayo clinic several weeks ago....It gave me hope for future generations but at the same time cause to pause.....& remember the 3 months of recuperation & the pain. OUCH! :tear:

2. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

It is a very good thing.....I meant it as a compliment.....:wavey:

3. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a link with studies to back up your assertion? Or is this just your opinion or what you've observed in your area?

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I had six bypasses. A attribute my slow recovery to never having been in a hospital before. Oh wow, the thought of half an hour without cracking open the sternum is amazing. I would not wish this on anyone. The only lingering effect I have is a really ugly scar (keloid) and a sternum that did not heal bone to bone. The doctor said the only remedy is to recrack it open. I will live with the popping and occasional pain thank you. As far as the ugly scar with gray and white hair covering it partially, I do not believe I was going to pose for any fashion magazines anyhow. I am 13 months out of this operation. I walk a mile a day, watch what I eat, and take some medicine for blood pressure and cholesterol. Most of all, I thank the Lord I am alive and hope to accomplish something in the days left that the Lord has so graciously given me. Sorry to everyone for getting off track.

I now return you to the Swelling and Growing Show. It is a good discussion seriously.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will like this, the wire started to protrude from my chest about a year out of the operation so I had to go back & have them repair that.....that was another 6 thousand. If it continues to happen Im cutting it back with wire cutters & a razer blade myself. Regarding the popping & scar....well thats part of belonging to the club...LOL

Congrats for the good excerize regiment. Up here in NJ its so cold & icey you just cant get out to walk regularly. I recently fell on the ice & laid there for 10 minutes screaming for help but all you heard was the wind. So Im not going to die out here 10 Below....so I crawled 100 yards to the back porch . I now carry my cell phone everywhere with me....help, Ive fallen & I cant get up...LOL

Now I want to move to Florida..... Im shooting for the Keys..... hey, life is short & needs to be lived before its gone.

6. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I've not had a sternum at all since age 3. Mine was removed due to a birth defect in the bones that caused it to grow inward instead of cresting outward. My heart, lungs, diaphragm, and other internal organs were effected. I had the first successful (ha!) surgery of its type in America. I say ha! because the success was that I lived, the surgery was rather a failure and I still have a hole in my chest large enough to hide a softball. With the sternum they also removed the lower floating ribs (the ones that attach directly to the sternum).

I was told from the surgery onward that I was never to do hard work, never to wrestle or fight, never to exercise like other kids, never to lift heavy weighs, etc. I and my parents, of course, listened for a while and that is partially where I developed my skills in reading and learning. But, I got over all that. The surgery (and a dozen others I've had for birth defects) stunted my growth for a long time. I was still 4' 11" and 75 lbs. in my junior year of high school. Between my junior and senior years, I grew 1 foot and put on 100 pounds. Yes, it hurt to grow that fast. I attribute my growth to vitamin K (as in Kathy, my fiancé and now my bride of 33 years!).

When I decided to disobey the doctors, (at around age 12) I raced motocross, jumped my dirt bike over the power wires, learned to ski and skied double black diamond hills, lettered in wrestling all 4 years of high school, and I got to where I could bench almost 400 lbs (after I grew -- at my short size, I could bench over 250). I also shot competition in trap, rifle, and pistol, but I eventually had to give up large bore rifle and shotgun competition because it was twisting me like a pretzel. I can still shoot, just not a couple hundred rounds a week like I did back then.

People seeing me now would never know what I've been through unless I remove my shirt, let them count my teeth, show the x-rays of my legs hands, and feet, show my scars, etc. I appear normal, albeit overweight, but I move too easy and too quick for a big guy. Takes people by surprise.

7. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

This is your opinion.

8. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think there's a lot of good things about independence, and a lot of good things about denominational relationships too. The problem is not so much independence as it is isolation and theological in-breeding that leads to self-confirmation which leads to more isolation and on and on until nobody can fellowship outside their tiny circle.

The knowledge and wisdom of our forefathers was in that they saw the Church as a universal body, made up of local assemblies -- not local assemblies completely disconnected from other assemblies and/or individual believers.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #29 HankD, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  10. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

O no, my garage door remote isn't working. Its the end of the world. Sorry I just had to, LOL.

You know we have had heresy ever since the Church began and we've had disagreement over nonessential matters also and this will continue until the end of the Age. We must continue to fight heresy with the truth and respect. When it comes to nonessentials we will sharpen each other if again we do it respectfully.

11. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

The existence of Pentecostalism and Joel Osteen type churches and the preponderance of them is sufficient enough proof.

The ability for TBN to thrive in our culture is plenty proof by itself.

Our "Christian" culture is WOEFULLY ignorant of theology and Christian history and is too arrogant to be taught.

This is why Christianity is dying here.

She thrived under Edwards and Whitefield and indeed the Puritans before them.

She is swelling today in some circles and dying at the same time in her ignorance and arrogance.

We need a revival of humility that spawns teachable Christians.

12. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    On this we can agree!

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I also agree & its so unfortunate....maybe we could have a in-house "BB" Revival Meeting? Lets schedule one in here for Friday March 4th with the theme " The Holy Spirit Marches Fourth (4th) ....get it? " march fourth" :godisgood:

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Did you read my thread "I got myself in trouble"?

I think this is the problem. Few seem to know what God says in His word.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In fact, Brother Luke, if you do that in your own local church or on here, I will join you on my knees in prayer. March Forth!:wavey: