1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Switcher

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by 4His_glory, Mar 5, 2007.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Hello all!

I have returned after a long hiatus, though I will probably not be as active on these boards as I once was.

Any how, I am posting here to announce that I have "put off the old and put on the new" i.e. I bought a Mac! And I wish I had done so sooner. My new Macbook Cor 2 Duo White is gorgeous and works like a charm.

I have been using Parrallels to run WinXP so I can use my Logos software and Logos runs faster and better than it did on my PC.

I was just wondering if there are any other Mac users out there or better yet any other recent switchers?

2. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I am not exactly a recent switcher, I did that back in '02.

How much RAM did you get in your laptop?
    Parallels really like a lot of RAM. Does ok with 1 GB but I have 2GB in mine...runs great.

Welcome to the Mac! I am sure you will love it!

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I have 2GB of RAM as well. I opted to get more RAM over a bigger HD (I got 80 GB instead of 120). I heard the Parrallels ran better with more memory so thats what I chose.

I love this machine though! This is how computing is supposed to be be. I even thing the Mac version of MS Office is better- at least better than my old office 2000 suite I used in the "age of darkness".

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 GB RAM! WOW!
    No wonder Logos runs faster, I'm plodding on 384 MB.
    The program struggles under the burden at times.

My desktop is sounding it's age. I think a cooling fan is wearing out; I only hope it's not the hard drive. (...I think I'll back up my data tonight... :praying: ).

If my computer will wait another year I hope to upgrade (maybe after MS works the major bugs out of Vista? :laugh: ).

Logos is working on a Mac compatible version, have you heard anything about it recently?

Rob

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yes I have heard of Logos for Mac and I can't wait till it is released! Supposedly all of my eBooks will switch over to the Mac version easily. When that happens I probably will have no need for Parralles with WinXP any more.

If you need to replace your desktop may I suggest a iMac or a Mac Mini? Just take a long hard look at them espcially since they have intel chips now. I think they are superior to a Windows only machine.

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I do love it! I don't know why I didn't switch earlier. Now I know who I can ask if I have any newbe OS X questions! :type:

I made a dumb mistake the other day and tried to rename my home folder and "lost" (I recoverd it again) all the files I transferred over from my old Gateway PC.

7. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a Mac and an HP. My Mac wins by leaps and bounds every time ... [​IMG]