1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T. Boone Pickens' Energy Plan

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Jul 8, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Saw it on tv this morning. So how does this solve the problem of powering our cars with out gasoline?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Windmills wold be a nightmare in Florida during Hurricane season.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many oil riggs ares still down after katrina that the government will not issue permits to repair? Talk about this if we want to fix oil prices

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they can be buil to withstand hurricane-speed winds, they could produce a bunch of kilowatts therein.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Maybe Florida is not the place for large scale wind-powered energy generation. It looked like this would mainly be in the mid-west area of the country.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the website:

"Natural gas vehicles (NGV) are already available and combine top performance with low emissions. The natural gas Honda Civic GX is rated as the cleanest production vehicle in the world.

According to NGVAmerica, there are more than 7 million NGVs in use worldwide, but only 150,000 of those are in the United States."

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

That helps us not one bit for gas, it does not address the currwent issue. Not everyone can afford over priced new cars, that leaves the rest of us out.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Doesn't help me one bit, unless someone wants to pay for my new car I'll be needing. Seems more like a plan to make car maufacturers even richer.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Changes in the way that we fuel our transportation won't happen overnight. It will probably take place gradually over the next twenty years. Everyone didn't have a car in the early 20th century overnight.

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If anybody anywhere can afford such a car, then it would not be true that it "helps us not one bit for gas." And certainly making a transition from our current types of gasoline/diesel vehicles to using fuel cells, compressed air, or different types that use the fossil fuels to charge a different type of motor will take a long time, and it will be fought by petroleum and automaking industries. Who knows to what extent years and decades ago they successfully squelched furthering different technologies because they had a good thing going for themselves they never want to relinquish?

13. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I heard Pickens this morning on Bill Bennett this morning. He has more to say than just the wind stuff. He has a more comprehensive program than just one or 2 issues. Obviously, Florida in the hurricane season isn't the right time and place.

We are going to have to do something about our energy dependence. Pickens told the joke this morning about the 95 year old man who was interviewed. The interviewer said, "You must have seen alot of changes in your 95 years..." The man replied, "And I've been against every single one."

Start doing something about this issue. Pickens has provided a starting place.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We should do everything both side want. Drilling, refineries, coal, windmills, conservation, nuke power plants, elec cars etc.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

oh, so you think it would help us, you think my statement is not true then. Please explain how you think it is not true that it would not help my husband and myself. Theres no way, unless they give these automobiles away that we will ever in our life times be able to buy something like that. So , no sir, my statement that it will not help us is certainly true, and I can not appreciate you calling me a liar.

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you were not more specific by your word, "us," it can be assumed to mean everyone who has any involvement of effect in the issue.