1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T.D.Jakes

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Onlybygrace, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

As to your question about having to do with salvation, that is a good question. What do the Scriptures conclude about false teachers?

Honestly, I never called john a liar. Perhaps you should check into that. I apologize you feel I called him that name, but it's unfounded. The name calling commenced, and came in his reply to me, where he went on a name-calling binge.

Byt hey, we all get bent on things. No biggie.

2. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

You were to a point but then you kinda lost it...so

Frankly, I find you to be a liar, a hypocrite, and a slanderer.

you're name calling Just like him

Not only is your conduct unbecoming of a preacher, but the Bible says that your conduct is grossly disobedient and may even be evidence that you're not saved.

I'd have to say in my humble opinion that was rather harsh and judgmental as well

I would strongly encourage you to repent of your behavior and to seriously and thoughtfully and prayfully examine yourself and what your behavior says about your standing before God.

And I'm not saying you are but that sounds very arrogant and prideful to say the least.

I am not saying you are I'm just saying it takes 2 to make a wrong not one. I am also not trying to say that I am better than you guys or that I get it right all the time, because I certainly don't, but I AM trying to encourage both of you to do right rather than be right. We are all on the same side. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing but its how you disagree that matters. If you can disagree in a God honoring way(1 cor 3:10) go ahead. But don't lose a brother on the way to being right. And don't post things on a public forum that give newbies the impression that the thread or site is about bashing each other and in so doing rob others of an opportunity to participate.And remember, the Bible says a soft answer turns away wrath.
    So it is not sinful to point out to someone that they have lied but it is possible to do it in a way that dishonors God and hurts your brother and that unfortunately is sinful. I love both of you in the Lord and respect you both. Why not treat one another in a way that sets a good example for everyone else! Nuff said bout this, you won't hear me on it again!

3. preacher4truth

John, I never attacked you nor did I become increasingly hostile in personal attacks. I never called you a name. But you certainly did, and I can forgive you for that. I simply disagree with your subjective ideologies. That is all. Perhaps it is difficult for you to accept and look objectively at all their teachings, since you have allowed them to be your friends. I can understand that. But I believe in separation from that. But that's me. And by the way, I never brought anything against your men in your church, nor even mentioned it. Come on man, use facts here. None of this is in any of my posts. You brought that comment into the equation all on your own. I never mentioned your men in your church. Can we stick to the facts here?

If I called you a name, a liar, or showed a personal attack, you have got to prove it where it is. I have looked and looked at my posts and see in none of it these things, because it is not there. It has simply been made up by you, and anyone who takes a look can see your accusations are unfounded friend. If I said anything about your men directly, that would be wrong. Let's stick to facts.

4. preacher4truth

I never called him a name.

So to say "just like him" is wrong.

5. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what would you call someone who repeatedly lies, slanders, and practices hypocrisy?

Are you saying that the Bible doesn't say these things?

Would you rather he continue on his way to Hell?

No, when he starts slandering Godly men, I don't believe we are.

Which is precisely why I remained respectful to him in spite of his repeated and increasingly hostile personal attacks, lies, and slander.

6. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the OP was about Jakes......Can we all agree that the guy is fat & sweats like a.....oh cant say that, somebody might take offence....LOL

8. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ironic thing about the last one is that not only did I address them, I actually agreed with him on several of them. This guy just lashes out so blindly that he even condemns me for agreeing with him.

#88 JohnDeereFan, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
  9. preacher4truth

John,

Not one thing you have quoted shows I called you a liar, or had an increasingly hostile personal attack on you.

As far as you being offended, I apologize.

As far as the comment shallow, we all are, when we are subjective. That's my point.

You have got to toughen up and not take everything as an attack friend.

Again, I never called you names. I only addressed how you deal with things subjectively, and commented on your methods.

The name calling came from you.

10. Onlybygrace

Onlybygrace New Member

You he be fat and he be sweaty, but what I'm trying to find out is whether or not he be truthful, at least in some instances

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#91 JohnDeereFan, Dec 3, 2010
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Ive seen many devils who can preach the word & I sees many men o' God who falls into sin, but it's the guy who pulls himself up, repents & proceeds to do the work of the Almighty...guess you gotta look at the labor of the man & the fruit.

13. preacher4truth

Anything else, friend?

14. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. The Bible says that your behavior is a big red flag that you may not be saved. I would strongly encourage you to repent of your behavior and stop to seriously, thoughtfully, and prayerfully exactly where it is that you stand with God.

15. preacher4truth

Thank you for concern for my soul.

I do have many sins and only seek God's mercy and grace.

Pray for me friend, and I for you.

16. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will. And I will accept this as an apology for your behavior in this thread.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You, sir, are a liar, a slanderer, and a hypocrite". ..... ROFL. Brother you sound like a character from Gone with the Wind or a river boat gambler confronting & Yankee Carpet Bagger. LOl

Seriously Brothers, who here has not been these things.......Here are some stones for you to cast! LOL

#97 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 3, 2010
  18. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right. We all have. The difference is that I've always apologized and felt some remorse.

#98 JohnDeereFan, Dec 3, 2010
  19. preacher4truth

I only apologize for what I have done. If you're offended at me for taking your methods to task, then forgive me. I am a sinner. However, I never called you or your men names, and there was not one thing ever mentioned about your men, they were never a subject, you brough that part all on your own. If you brought them in somewhere, and I attacked them after this, do show that. As far as looking at the facts, they were never brought up until you did it.

Now, if I wanted to call you names I have a whole entire index and thesaurus recorded in my mind with many expletives to draw from. Believe me, I can do that with the worst of them. But that's just not what I want to do here.

And I know you know better, and that you know you should recant all of the name calling you threw at me.

Mud is easier to get off when it's dry.

What you have said to me, I am taking it patiently. I am not above being buffeted, whether wrongly or rightly, and must take it patiently, and that is what I am now doing.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not askin you to repent....thats God's territory. Just dont tell me youve never sinned in your life. That in itself would be a lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.