1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T.O. Joins the Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Gershom, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- Terrell Owens has gone from stomping on the Dallas Cowboys' star logo to wearing it on his helmet.

The reviled receiver joined the Cowboys on Saturday, signing a contract to play for Jerry Jones and Bill Parcells in what promises to be an interesting combination of strong personalities.

STORY

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Americas team deserves T.O. [​IMG]

Everyone thinks they are going to change T.O., and it will be different. Philly was singing the same tune when they signed him.

I am sure they will be saying Parcells will keep him in check. And he may for awhile. But it will be a circus eventually.

It is really too bad. If he would keep his head straight he is perhaps the best WR in the game.

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

"There were seven teams that were aggressively coming after him [Owens]. I'm not gonna say the teams, 'cause I don't want to embarass them for coming up short. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys beat them out. They're a great organization and this is a super fit."~ Drew Rosenhaus (Terrell Owens' Agent)

This guy talks WAY too much.

4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I'm REALLY looking forward to Dallas coming into Philly this season!

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he will be booed loudly when he first takes the field in the exhibition season, then again in the first home game. If he performs, the boos will gradually subside, but won't end completely, in which case he will start saying the fans are unfair and/or he's not getting the ball enough, then questioning Bledsoe's (or whoever is QB) ability or mentality. That's the best case scenario. If he complains and isolates himself from the beginning, it will be just like last season in Phil. He's too much of a gamble; he, Lawrence Phillips, Maurice Clarett, Randy Moss... I wouldn't take a chance of those kind of guys. However, before last season TO's reputation was comparable to Keyshawn Johnson's when Dallas signed him (though he never committed the midfield insult), and they got a couple of good years out of him. Parcells might be the best head coach at handing those kind. Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson must have developed that skill.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is one Cowboys' fan who is excited about having T.O. be a Cowboy. It definitely increases their chances of winning the Super Bowl next season.

[​IMG]

7. humilis

humilis New Member

Yes it does increase the chances of "going" to the Super Bowl, however, it also increases the chances that there will be a team implosion the year after next.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope the Cowboys win the Super Bowl next season. Then they can concern themselves with the year after next.

First things first.

Some days there ain't nothin' better in the NFL than being a Cowboys' fan. This is one of them thar days. :D

9. PastorSBC1303

Ken, you are surprising me. I thought you were a supporter of having good character guys on the team.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think T.O. learned his lesson last season.

I believe that even folks like T.O. can improve their behavior and that they should be given the opportunity to prove themselves.

11. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG]

Philly fan said the exact same thing a couple years ago.

Funny how a superstar joining your team changes the thinking.

I guess the chance at winning the superbowl changes the need to have character guys on the team.

But I guess this is the Cowboys, they forgot about character when they spit on a quality Christian man like Tom Landry.

Oh well...

12. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I hope T.O. has changed, but we will have to wait and see.

13. PastorSBC1303

From a Thread on Least Favorite NFL Player:

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, if Terrell Owens is trying to clean up his act(joining America's Team - the Dallas Cowboys - is an impressive start) I am quite willing to give him the chance to overcome his past actions that placed him on my "Least Favorite NFL Player" list. Kind of the Christian thing to do, don't ya think?

I realize that today's event strikes terror in the hearts of the anti-Cowboy folks. But they'll just have to live with it. :D

15. PastorSBC1303

[​IMG] You justify it any way you like...

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Cowboys didn't spit on Tom Landry, by the way. Perhaps the situation could have been handled better but there is no reason to use perjorative language in describing it.

17. PastorSBC1303

Use whatever word you would like to describe it. Either way, they chose to throw character out the window. And they continue to do that with this decision.

18. Convicted by the Spirit

This gives me one more reason to root against "America's Team"

So they release Keyshawn Johnson and pick up T.Owens? trading a headache for a migrane.

I am very interested to see how long this lasts.

19. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

What happened with Tom Landry? Did I miss something? :confused:

20. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

This will be the wedge that drives JJ and the magnificient Tuna apart - dont look for parcells to continue to coach the boys for more than a year.

I am a huge cowboy fan and cant believe that they would do this TO is a great pllayer but has been voted most likely to be killed by a teammate three years running.

excuse me while I go jump off a cliff