1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T.O. suicide attempt

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by webdog, Sep 27, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

#1 webdog, Sep 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2006
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

ESPN and the NFL network recently reported the police report where T.O. agreed to trying to harm himself. The initial report denying the suicide attempt was prior to the Dallas police report being released.

4. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

As an Eagles' fan, naturally I can't stand the guy. But it's obvious that this guy has serious emotional issues and has for a long, long time.

I don't like him, but I do pray for him and I do ask God to teach me to love him.

As for the suicide attempt, I don't believe it.

I was a paramedic for about ten years and transported literally hundreds of suicide attempts.

I can tell you from first hand experience, if the doctors have even a speck of evidence to believe that you're suicidal, they're not going to release you the next day.

In fact, if I remember correctly, there is a mandatory 72 hour observation period.

Whatever his problem is, I do hope he gets the help he so obviously needs.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Mike, I believe this may vary according to what state the person is located.

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Name one state that releases someone just a few hours after they attempt suicide.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Mike, I am not discounting what you say. I am just saying that state regulations vary and just because there was a 72 hour waiting period in PA, doesn't mean that is how they do it in Texas. Also, the fact that we are dealing with a very public figure as a Dallas Cowboys superstar may change things as well.

I don't know whether it was a suicide attempt or not. Whatever is going on, it is clear that TO has some problems and needs our prayers.

8. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Actually, this is pretty standard.

Not only would it be malfeasence on the part of the doctor, it would also be opening the hospital up to a huge lawsuit.

As much as I don't like Dallas, I find it hard to believe that they're that incompetent.

On that much, anyway, we agree.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist