1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T=Total Depravity

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by annie, Nov 19, 2004.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

This is a strange word, commodity, to use in connection with faith.

You must ask God for it. If you ask Him He will give you more faith. That is what He wants you to do. Be warned, He may give you more faith in your faith.

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
    Just maybe it is a work!

That, if you don't mind me saying so, is a pretty weird thing to say. What was it, a whiskey too many?

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."
    Just maybe it is a work!

To you? I am not in the business of persausion. I preach Christ crucified. The individual hearer either hears the voice of the shepherd or he does not. One or the other.

John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Those sheep hear Him and respond because He causes them to respond. They do not respond to persuasion; 1 a : an act or the action of influencing the mind by arguments or reasons offered or by anything that moves the mind or passions or inclines the will to a determination. But by recognition. Our will is bound to the fallen nature.
    There needs to be a change of will and that is a work. There needs to be a turning around, repentance, and that is a work.

johnp.

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Thanks for the fuller explanation Wes, posted 02 December, 2004 11:27.

GE 5:3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.
    Can you explain why our brother Seth was not?

And the scriptures for this?

Ecc 3:21 Who knows if the spirit of man rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?"
    Same as the animals then? The animals are made in God's likeness and image?

Who's the 'we'? Are you affiliated to a group? Have you a teacher? If there is a website that lays out your doctrine then I would be interested in taking a look at it.

Paul did no such thing. A common error but an error nevertheless. Your argument is losing.

GAL 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.
    There is but one fruit. Love, not fear.

I will not. You put asunder what cannot be put asunder. Show me from scripture that likeness and image mean different things.
    GE 5:3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.

That is if I have understood you, yes, to some degree. Have you a website I can view?

johnp.