1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T.u.l.i.p

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Aug 18, 2010.

?
  1. Total Depravity

52 vote(s)
    76.5%
  2. Unconditional Election

44 vote(s)
    64.7%
  3. Limited atonement

33 vote(s)
    48.5%
  4. Irresistible Grace

41 vote(s)
    60.3%
  5. Perseverance of the Saints

57 vote(s)
    83.8%
  6. I believe in 6 or more of the 5 points

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  7. I do not accept any points of TULIP

7 vote(s)
    10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:), I have heard that one, and like it too. Quantum conduct (physics) has taught us that the universe (creation) is not as deterministic as we once thought (i.e. Descartes). It, IMHO, make God even more awesome, in the fact that He can create the universe with variablity and still determine the final outcomes.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Totally off subject, but one person told me there will be two moons tonight, another told me that Mars will be as big as the full moon. I am amazed at what people believe. This is an internet hoax going around.

But then again, maybe it's Quantum Conduct :laugh:

3. quantumfaith

Yes, I was going to a statistical analysis and drive arouind to count how many folks were staring up at the moon, many might even think the moon is mars.:thumbs:

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well okay then, you now confirm your complete mis-understanding of things biblical.At least you own up to it. That is why you cannot agree with any biblical posts. Thanks for your honesty.

5. quantumfaith

I think "mis-understanding" might better be stated as a "different understanding".

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GB... this as Winmans deity does not describe the biblical God. The god you speak of waits for man,then he can make a response?
    The OT God is the NT God. The God of John 3:16 killed men woman and children in the flood...jewish culture..greek culture have nothing to do with it.

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

No, God says "I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked,"
    Um, you must be ignorant of what you want to disagree with. God have given even man the opportunity to repent and be saved. No man according to the Bible has a natural desire to come to Christ. But nobody is saved that doesn't want to be saved. Nobody goes to hell that wanted to be saved.
    No, man has a will to make choices.
    No, Judas betrayed Jesus because he "willed" to. You really don't know what you are talking about do you?
    God has no need to adapt. The only ones that adapt are the ones that are not in control. I'm sorry your god isn't in control. I worship a sovereign God that is in control.
    And what he has determined is in the future. You didn't think this one through now did you. And I have corrected you many times that NOONE says that God doesn't know the future. But since you are wrong, I guess you must hide behind your straw man.
    Yep, I serve a God that while I was a wicked sinner on my way to hell, He saved me. I did nothing to deserve my salvation, but He saved me anyway. He could have just let me continue and go to hell like I deserved. What a loving, merciful God!

8. quantumfaith

Why You (or me) and not Bubba in Pakistan?

9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

You asking why God chose me and you and not Bubba? We don't know other than "...according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace..." All we know is that is wasn't something good in us. It wasn't because we did something to deserve it.

10. quantumfaith

I am in complete agreement with you on the "no good in us" or the "we have done nothing deserving of His salvation". Where I am not in agreement is that God (elected, selected, chose) some, but by default then "unselected", unelected, or unchose others. But that is all that it is, disagreement over "non-critical" issues.

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well of course since He elected (selected) some, He did not choose others.That's just a truism. I don't see the problem there.

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AlL Scripture Citations From The ESV

Yes, it is. Look at these verses which deal with the Lord's foreordination.foreknowege is not advance knowledge -- it's a determination -- a decree, to carry things out to fruition.

Acts 2:23 :this Jesus,delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God,you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men.

Acts 4:28 : to do whatever your hand and plan had predestined to take place.

13. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a frighteningly awful misunderstanding of the God of the Bible and a frightening and hideously stupid misrepresentation of what Calvinists believe. After being told on numerous occasions that you have "us" wrong, you should be ashamed of yourself.

The Archangel

14. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has long passed its page limit. Some cooling off wouldn't hurt, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.