1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T.V. Commercial: United Church of Christ

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dianetavegia, Mar 19, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Songbird, did those two gays change their lives in anyway? Were they saved at all?(as far as men might want to judge who God chooses to save)
    What it, and I mean what if, a gay goes to church :eek: , and actually gets saved! :eek: , the pastor baptizes them like we are told in scripture? :confused: What then? Are they deemed a bad church because they had a gay saved and then baptized them according to scripture?
    Unless we want to take the time to watch these people too see if they ahve anything in their lives changed, to see what chnages begin to take place in their lives( and no one is 100% changed the first day, it takes times, we are all still growing, and conforming, so we aren't done yet, there are still changes to take place in each of us too), then how can they know these two were still going to want to pratice homosexuality and never change their minds and decide it was against God?

What was being said when this was done in your town? I mean did anyone care about that? Or only that they were gay?
    Thats like saying gays can't be saved, and God doesn't change gays.
    Now I don't want anyone to misunderstand, I think homosexuality is a sin, but so is gossip, greed, thinking bad about people, the backbitting that goes on on this board.
    But God is in the forgiving business, and He can change anyone.

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Here is a good rule of thumb:
    A simple yes/no question - Does God love these people?

If so, then I would be curious as to which church is holy enough to prohibit them from entering the sanctuary. After all, aren't we supposed to be witnessing to the lost?

Just MHO,

BiR