1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tabernacle court

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by richard n koustas, Mar 24, 2005.

1. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

Who was allowed to enter the court of the TABERNACLE (not the temple)? I thought that it was only Moses, Aaron and the Levites and/or priests in service to the Lord. I have heard others say that Gentiles were permitted, but I cannot find a reference.

2. richard n koustas

bump...

what, don't baptist study the tabernacle? :confused: :confused:

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't recall them being allowed in mainly due to the fact that they would have little reason to be in the camp.

However, in the temples later on there was a court fo the gentiles if memory serves me.

4. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, there was a court of the Gentiles and one for women, however were those from God or was it the Jews who divided the Temple?

5. richard n koustas

thnaks for the input. i know about the temple court, but i was specifically looking for tabernacle court.

i think i found what i was looking for. it looks like besides the priest/levites/aaron and moses, the 'rulers' and 'common people' were permitted inside the court (at least as far as the brazen alter), if they were bringing an animal for a 'sin offering'.

Why does this matter (to me)? i am trying to fully develop the thought of the tabernacle as a type of salvation, knowing who was allowed where is important....

Lev 4

22 'When a ruler has sinned, and done something unintentionally against any of the commandments of the Lord his God in anything which should not be done, and is guilty, 23 or if his sin which he has committed comes to his knowledge, he shall bring as his offering a kid of the goats, a male without blemish. 24 And he shall lay his hand on the head of the goat, and kill it at the place where they kill the burnt offering before the Lord. It is a sin offering. 25 The priest shall take some of the blood of the sin offering with his finger, put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and pour its blood at the base of the altar of burnt offering. 26 And he shall burn all its fat on the altar, like the fat of the sacrifice of the peace offering. So the priest shall make atonement for him concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him.
    27 'If anyone of the common people sins unintentionally by doing something against any of the commandments of the Lord in anything which ought not to be done, and is guilty, 28 or if his sin which he has committed comes to his knowledge, then he shall bring as his offering a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he has committed. 29 And he shall lay his hand on the head of the sin offering, and kill the sin offering at the place of the burnt offering. 30 Then the priest shall take some of its blood with his finger, put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering, and pour all the remaining blood at the base of the altar. 31 He shall remove all its fat, as fat is removed from the sacrifice of the peace offering; and the priest shall burn it on the altar for a sweet aroma to the Lord. So the priest shall make atonement for him, and it shall be forgiven him.