1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TAC Accredidation

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by bobbyd, Sep 10, 2007.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I did a search on this topic and didn't find anything...so if i missed it, i'm sorry.

Does anyone know anything about accredidation from Transworld Accreditating Commission International? They are based out of Riverside, CA and their website is: http://www.traccom.org/

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==It is not recognized by the Department of Education nor the Council For Higher Education. Why have accreditation that is not recognized?

3. Broadus

Broadus Member

The list of member institutions is a veritable "who's who" of unheard-of schools. ;)

Bill

4. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Interesting twist

I find it quite interesting that one of their accredited schools, Grace Bible College and Seminary of Morrisville, NC, will grant you a bachelor's degree if you have four years of ministry experience and enroll in their Th.D. program. Now, how's that for a real degree deal?

Also, I wonder about the name. The abbreviation sounds too much like TRACS.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out their PhD Program:

"Doctoral Program: This is an integrated in-depth study of the Bible and its Doctrines. One Textbook and a Doctoral Thesis study is required. Student's interested should write for a syllabus and costs. A Bachelor's degree is required prior to acceptance into this combined Masters/Doctorate Program."

One textbook!! Imagine all the money we have wasted in programs that required several books per course!! :laugh: :laugh:

I can't imagine how any person could honestly take that seriously. :laugh: